UBB.Dev
Posted By: smilesforu hide from specific groups - 01/19/2004 5:46 AM
I would like to hide some teaser forums from users that belong to the groups that joined the subscription forum.

Example
usera is in the user group and sees the forum "teaserchat"

now when he joins the "chat group" I want him to not see "teaserchat" forum.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: hide from specific groups - 01/19/2004 7:29 AM
Here are the instructions:
https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/57409

However, with the subscription stuff, you aren't removing them from the user group, so you can't really turn off the teaser forum without removing them from the group or doing some pretty deep messing with the scripts.
Posted By: smilesforu Re: hide from specific groups - 01/19/2004 8:44 AM
I have those setup but want to encourage the members to subscribe instead of getting new registrations. Same concept but not as easily done.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: hide from specific groups - 01/19/2004 8:55 AM
Yes, it works exactly the same. You just set them up so that they are seen by users (instead of guests).
Posted By: smilesforu Re: hide from specific groups - 01/19/2004 9:04 AM
I know but then can't hide them... after they join group. Because I can't remove them from users or they won't see the boards.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: hide from specific groups - 01/19/2004 9:42 AM
Idealy when they subscribe, you would remove them from users and add them to the members group. But mypaymentpal doesn't work that way. It simply adds and removes into a group.

Maybe thats something we can address in future versions.

But that's normally how you would do teasers for member only forums. Just setup all the regular forums to be seen by the "member" group as well, then you'd remove them from users when they are added to members.
Posted By: smilesforu Re: hide from specific groups - 01/19/2004 9:56 AM
ok so I could add the extra group setting to the forums first... brain cramp..hehe
© UBB.Developers