UBB.Dev
Posted By: dman_dup1 Hide a post to users - 02/05/2004 3:17 AM
It would be nice for a moderator to be able to click an icon to hide a marginal post from the regular users and leave it visible to the other mods and admins to review and make a decision on whether it stays or goes. Maybe have a message that says "This post is under review by the staff" or something. That way we don't have to delete it or move it to the deleted section and screw up the whole thread if we decided it was OK. Of course it would have to be marked somehow so the other moderator or admins can see that it is under review. Thinking out loud here.
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Hide a post to users - 02/05/2004 8:56 AM
I'm guessing you'd have to add a new entry to the w3t_Posts table. It could be something like B_Hidden. The toggle would be in the editpost.php script, and a new check would be added to the post loops in showflat.tmpl and showthreaded.tmpl. If B_Hidden is 'yes' and U_Status of the viewer is not 'Administrator' or 'Moderator', then don't display the post - else display the post.

Thinking out loud as well.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Hide a post to users - 02/05/2004 12:47 PM
This would be a bit tricky as you can't simply turn "off" a post in a thread without throwing other stuff (like new post tracking). Plus if there are replies to a thread you try to hide, it would further complicate things.

I'll have to think on this one.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Hide a post to users - 02/05/2004 3:09 PM
OK - had some thoughts about this and responded to your pm dman.
Posted By: HooG Re: Hide a post to users - 02/05/2004 3:34 PM
[]JoshPet said:
This would be a bit tricky as you can't simply turn "off" a post in a thread without throwing other stuff (like new post tracking). Plus if there are replies to a thread you try to hide, it would further complicate things.
[/]

I think that You don't have to hide it completly. Just make it unable to read by users. If You hide it, users may wonder what happened with their post and might write it again.
Posted By: dman_dup1 Re: Hide a post to users - 02/05/2004 5:59 PM
That's exactly what I am talking about. Not hide the post, just the content. Sorry!
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Hide a post to users - 02/08/2004 1:02 PM
OK - commissioned by dman - up and running at his forum.

I've posted the mod here:

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=107359

Posted By: dman_dup1 Re: Hide a post to users - 02/08/2004 5:59 PM
Works great Josh. Thanks alot and Happy Birthday!
© UBB.Developers