UBB.Dev
Posted By: Slurpee A simple "Current Threads" mod for a home page - 02/07/2004 12:09 PM
Hey guys,

I've been searching for like an hour, and can't find anything on this. I like IIP but I don't need all of that info, nor do I need a new home page.

Is there just a simple mod for displaying current active topics on another page of your web site, like a home page, without using IIP. Something where you can use SSI or something like that. I'm sure there's one around here somewhere, but I just can't find anything.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated. I'm also still using 6.2.2 so if the mod is older, that obviously is beneficial to me.

Thanks!
You can download IIP and check out the query and template to generate the output and strip that so its a standalone application.
I'm not using IIP on my home page but have current threads on my home page similar to what you want. You can see it at http://www.fish-tails.net/ . Now, all you have to do is look in the addon directory of your UBBThreads and you will find some addon scripts called ubbtnews.php ubbtposters.php and ubbttopthreads.php . You'll also find coresponding readme.txt files to tell you how to change the necesary variables and how to include them in a page. Quite simple really. Good luck.
© UBB.Developers