UBB.Dev
Posted By: oceanwest PM User on Message Move... - 04/11/2004 4:13 AM
As a gentle slap on the wrist. When moving a post to another forum It would be great if the original poster was sent a PM so that they know that they posted in the wrong forum. And that they know where the thread was moved to. Perhaps w/ the link to the new location.
Posted By: Medar Re: PM User on Message Move... - 04/13/2004 3:49 PM
That would actually not be a hard mod to write. I added a quick mod that would PM a few people when a form was filled out elsewhere on the site.

I have recently modified it where the form actually dumps into a private board and will now show as a new post to those people.

But yea, in the same area as the "move" you could copy the PM script and place some auto-text in there (which could also be added to the language file). The only issue I see is that this would fire off to the starter of ANY thread you move.

Only way around that would be to add a checkbox stating "PM the originator on this move" or something to that effect.
Posted By: Astaran Re: PM User on Message Move... - 04/13/2004 6:14 PM
I did that for version 6.1, I think. Haven't updated this mod because you can use pointers instead.
Maybe my old hack is useful for you:
https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat...4/o/all/fpart/1
Posted By: sirdude Re: PM User on Message Move... - 04/29/2004 2:31 AM
Here's a working mod for 6.4, if you are still interested. Linky Poo I freshly coded it, this afternoon.

I liked the idea, because the bitch level on my board reached critical mass. I tested it out on my local test board and uploaded to live board now. It works.

Enjoy
Posted By: sirdude Re: PM User on Message Move... - 05/01/2004 5:33 AM
Bleh, i can't edit my post. Fyi, it works on 6.3 as well.
© UBB.Developers