UBB.Dev
Posted By: oceanwest Active topics... - 06/30/2004 8:35 AM
I started this post over at ubbcentral but
Just wanted to post it here since this may get a response.

http://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/showfla...p;fpart=1#37550
Posted By: oceanwest Re: Active topics... - 07/05/2004 5:04 PM
Ok I started it but need a little direction...
in dosearch.tmpl
Code
<br />FIND<br />=====================<br />$tbopen<br /><tr><br /><td class="tdheader"><br />{$ubbt_lang['SEARCH_RES']}: $headerwords $excluded<br /></td><br /></tr><br />$tbclose<br /><br />ADD AFTER<br />===============<br />$tbopen<br /><tr><br /><td class="lighttable"><br /><form method="post" action="{$config['phpurl']}/dosearch.php"><br />Search Options:<br />&nbsp;<br /><select name="topic" class="formboxes"><br /><option value="">Select...</option><br /><option value="0">All Post & Replies</option><br /><option value="1">Topic Starters</option><br /></select><br />&nbsp;<br />Show Preview: <input type="checkbox" name="bodyprev" value="1" class="formboxes" /><br />{$ubbt_lang['PREVIEW']}<br /><input type="submit" name="buttsubmit" value="{$ubbt_lang['BUTT_SUBMIT']}" class="buttons" /><br /></form><br /></td><br /></tr><br />$tbclose<br />

But I am looking at the dosearch.php script and can't figure out how to get it to work. When user hits active topic these should be "set" to the default settings allowing user to modify as they want. Then hit submit again to update the view.

You can see it in INACTION at my site. (hit the link below)
Posted By: oceanwest Re: Active topics... - 07/06/2004 12:19 AM
I changed it a bit further I got it part working but can't get it to change or "toggle" current state vs change state...

Code
<br />$tbopen<br /><tr><br /><td class="lighttable"><br /><form method="post" action="{$config['phpurl']}/dosearch.php"><br /><input type="hidden" name="Cat" value="$Cat" /><br /><input type="hidden" name="fromsearch" value="1" /><br /><input type="hidden" name="Words" value="" /><br /><input type="hidden" name="Forum[]" value="All_Forums" /><br /><input type="hidden" name="daterange" value="1" /><br /><input type="hidden" name="newertype" value="d" /><br /><input type="hidden" name="newerval" value="1" /><br /><input type="hidden" name="fromsearch" value="1" /><br />Search Options:<br />&nbsp;<br /><input type="checkbox" name="topic" value="1" class="formboxes" /><br />Topics Only<br />&nbsp;<br /><input type="checkbox" name="bodyprev" value="1" class="formboxes" /><br />Show Body Preview<br />&nbsp;<br />Show<br /><input type="text" name="Limit" value="25" size="3" class="formboxes" /><br />Per page<br /><input type="submit" name="buttsubmit" value="{$ubbt_lang['BUTT_SUBMIT']}" class="buttons" /><br /></form><br /></td><br /></tr><br />$tbclose<br />
Posted By: oceanwest Re: Active topics... - 07/06/2004 3:10 AM
AHHH Sorry just stressing trying to figure out the

correct conditional syntax when but nothing I try seems to work?!

help
Posted By: scroungr Re: Active topics... - 07/06/2004 3:20 AM
still trying to figure out jusdt what you are trying to acomplish and also with the search engine optimization it doesn't allow you to do another search as quickly as I think your trying to achieve on the fly.
Posted By: oceanwest Re: Active topics... - 07/06/2004 3:45 AM
Look at my site. And click active topics. Then you can see my "options" I would like the end user to decide how to view the active topics. with or with out body preview and all topics or only topic starters.
Posted By: scroungr Re: Active topics... - 07/06/2004 6:24 AM
I did OW and then I select say Body Preview and get this

You cannot make another search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

which of course annoys me so I don't wait.
Posted By: oceanwest Re: Active topics... - 07/06/2004 11:55 PM
Since I couldn't figure it out I went in a different direction...

here is the mod

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=116470&page=0&vc=#Post116470

Enjoy..
© UBB.Developers