UBB.Dev
Posted By: Sky YYZ Protected Forums - 09/23/2004 5:57 AM
Hi guys,

I've decided to make my site Registered Member access only, and I've already done so. I run another BB for a group of flight attendants and future flight attendants at Southwest Airlines.

One of the main differences between UBB.threads and the competing BB I purchased is that the competing BB offers an additional permission in the control panel for 'Guests', and I would like to know if it's possible for UBB.threads to incorporate it as well.

Guests at http://swa.flightattendants.org are able to see all of the forums, and the number of posts in each forum (a pre-view of what the site has to offer if you will), yet they are not able to read the contents of any of the "protected forums" until they register a username.

Do you think it is possible to make this additional permission setting an option for .threads 6.5.x in the Admin Control Panel, or is it too late to request such an add-on/update? I realise .threads has come to an end and will be replaced by a new product early next year, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks,

Jason
Founding Member,
FlightAttendants.org
Posted By: Medar Re: Protected Forums - 09/23/2004 7:01 AM
I bet this would be an easy hack - look in the mods under Teaser Forums - I would think this could be easily accomplished using that mod.
Posted By: Twisty Re: Protected Forums - 09/23/2004 3:21 PM
*scratches head*

Doesn't 6.5 allow you to specify guest permissions for each forum?

I know 6.3 does. Or am I misunderstanding what you want perhaps?

EDIT: Ah, I see what it is you're after now. You want the forum to show on the ubbthread.php page for guests when they don't have access.

Attached picture 120240-permissions.png
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Protected Forums - 09/23/2004 3:37 PM
Josh wrote a mod that does exactly this, I use it and it works great.
https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/119436/an/0/page/1#119436
Posted By: Medar Re: Protected Forums - 09/23/2004 3:48 PM
Yea, yea...that one!

Heheh.
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Protected Forums - 09/24/2004 7:33 AM
And I just posted the version for 6.5.
Posted By: Sky YYZ Re: Protected Forums - 09/24/2004 3:09 PM
Ah beauty! Thanks guys.

Jason
© UBB.Developers