UBB.Dev
Posted By: VWDerf Active topic preview - 11/23/2004 7:46 AM
Anyone know how to change active topic preview (adding &bodyprev=1 to the url) to show the text of the last post?

PS, I have search accellerator 1.5 running

Thanks,
Posted By: Anno Re: Active topic preview - 11/23/2004 9:39 AM
In ubbt_registerednav.tmpl
search for:
<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/dosearch.php?Cat=$Cat&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&daterange=1&newertype=d&newerval=1&Limit=25&topic=1&fromsearch=1">

replace with:
<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/dosearch.php?Cat=$Cat&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&daterange=1&newertype=d&newerval=1&Limit=25&topic=1&fromsearch=1&bodyprev=1">
Posted By: VWDerf Re: Active topic preview - 11/23/2004 9:59 PM
Thanks, but that's what I've been trying. The problem isy it shows a preview of the first post and not the last post, which is what I'd like to do.
Posted By: Anno Re: Active topic preview - 11/23/2004 10:23 PM
Ahh...

This would be a bit more complicated I think, since you would need to pull the last post to each topic from the DB, one additional query for each topic.... ...
Posted By: VWDerf Re: Active topic preview - 11/23/2004 10:45 PM
[]Anno said:
Ahh...

This would be a bit more complicated I think, since you would need to pull the last post to each topic from the DB, one additional query for each topic.... ... [/]

See, that's what I'm not entirely sure as the time of the last post is displayed, so I would think that post has been found...
Anyone know how to switch the preview shown from the first to the last?
Posted By: Anno Re: Active topic preview - 11/23/2004 10:50 PM
>as the time of the last post is displayed

This is saved along with the first post in the topic.
As I said, you will need an additional query for each topic to get the body of the last post in each topic .
Posted By: VWDerf Re: Active topic preview - 11/24/2004 1:58 AM
Ahh, ok that make sense now.

I see the "last post number" is stored, but that could add quite the load. Something to think about.
© UBB.Developers