UBB.Dev
Posted By: drkknght FAQ you! ;) - 11/30/2004 12:16 AM
i'm hoping for a mod to customize your FAQ from scratch (that i believe was a feature of ubb.classic).

yes, i know the faq is fully editable in the languages area, but the thinking is somewhat restricted. i.e; if you wanted to change the "why should i register a username" question format, you can ... but removing that question is a bit more difficult, as the page will always look for the F_REGISTER key word (wordlet?)

in my post-apocolyptic FAQ future, i'd lay out the language file as follows:

all of the questions would appear as they do now by default, but each one would be numbered. "q-001" would be the language key for the first question, "q-002" for the second, etc.

they'd dynamically link to the answers, "#a-001" and "#a-002" respectively.

the control panel page would a lot for 25 or 50 questions, with the "fill in question here" field located directly above the corresponding "fill in answer here" field. unfilled questions would simply not appear on the finished page.

then, you could change the questions to whatever you like. instead of the first one being "why should i register a username?" you could change it to "why is rob the greatest poster on these boards?" with the keyterms logically lining up.
Posted By: drkknght Re: FAQ you! ;) - 01/18/2005 1:20 AM
any takers?
© UBB.Developers