UBB.Dev
Posted By: CyberCities Search Results - Search 32 Search engines - 03/16/2000 3:54 AM
Hello all,
This is my first mod so I hope you all like it.
This add-on allows you to easily add the capability for people who are searching to continue thier search in other search engines and directories. A list of 24 other search engines appear after the initial search. The user clicks on the desired engine and it will appear in a new window.

A bonus Mod is included that prints what the search term is that they were searching for in the browser title and next to the text Search Results: in the middle right of the page.

Get the instructions at Http://www.ewebheads.com/resources/search.cgi_mod.txt

See it in action at http://forum.azit.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

------------------
Posted By: ilya Re: Search Results - Search 32 Search engines - 03/16/2000 6:22 AM
Nice hack!
I might use it on my UBB
Posted By: The Team Re: Search Results - Search 32 Search engines - 03/17/2000 12:40 AM
Cybercities -- I checked the in action link, and only a blank page turned up...

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck
All they have to do is drink beer, play hockey, and say "Eh"

* No offense meant to any Canadians
Posted By: ilya Re: Search Results - Search 32 Search engines - 03/17/2000 3:44 AM
You need to go to http://hisurl/search.cgi?action=intro
Whoops, forgot about that...i just clicked on the link...

In action: http://forum.azit.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?action=intro

------------------
I wish I were a Canuck
All they have to do is drink beer, play hockey, and say "Eh"

* No offense meant to any Canadians
Posted By: ilya Re: Search Results - Search 32 Search engines - 03/17/2000 4:43 AM
Yeah, i almost forgot abotu that myself [Linked Image]

atmo, when are you online on ICQ?
Posted By: Arie Re: Search Results - Search 32 Search engines - 03/20/2000 8:11 PM
Nice hack, should bring you some $$$ as you are redirecting the searches to your affiliate accounts!

Code
code:
Posted By: cal Re: Search Results - Search 32 Search engines - 03/20/2000 8:19 PM
Thta might be against the rules of this board. You posted the hack without stating it's function - this topic should be closed. Doing this probably breaks the terms and conditions of the search engine's affiliates programs aswell.

Would someone repost the hack with standard search engine calls?

Just a thought [Linked Image]
Sorry about that...forgot to rip them out...used this exact code in another program...I'll get rid of them in the text files all..my bad...no decit was intended.
Reposted....thanks...I thought all my affils were gone...I missed a few..All gone now [Linked Image]
Posted By: cal Re: Search Results - Search 32 Search engines - 03/21/2000 1:53 PM
Good. You're forgiven.

Just a thought [Linked Image]
Cybercities, it didn't work for me. It is a great hack, if I can get it to work. It doesnt screw up my file, yet it doenst do anything either. What am i doing wrong?
You can email me the file and I will take a look.
e-mail sent. [Linked Image]
© UBB.Developers