UBB.Dev
Posted By: The Team Voice/Text Chat Hack that actually works... - 05/31/2000 8:39 AM
Here is my own version of the HearMe Voice/Text chat(tm) Hack. This hack was made for UBB 5.45x (but should work on all versions). It is intergrated into the ubbmisc.cgi file and is relatively easy to install. This hack places the voice.text chat into the UBBMenu next to the "Register" and "Preferances" links & uses your UBB colors, and your UBB Registered User-name.

See this Hack in Action or Download Here:
NFOFONT c>[/b]net[/i] Voice Chat Hack

Please remit all questions or comments to the NFOnet UBB Thread above.

------------------
Regards,
[i][b]Shadeaux
NFOnet
If anyone installs this hack, please let me know, and I will Link you from my site.

Or at lease, reply to this post to let me know you set it up, so we can see it working on your site. [Linked Image]

Thanks

------------------
Regards,
Shadeaux
NFOnet
Posted By: dlute Re: Voice/Text Chat Hack that actually works... - 05/31/2000 6:14 PM
I have a version of the voice/text chat hack
on a freeware UBB. (still under construction).
my version is not really a hack, it just opens an window that has the hearme html.
http://www.nasa-photos.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

I like your use of the UBB user name. I am going to try it out.
FYI -

quote:
I was going to update mine to Telcopoint but the server they are on is one of the slowest I have been too. Almost all of their forms timed out just to set it up.

Anyway, just thought I'd let ya know.

------------------
Jeremiah
FreakScene - The Dinosaur Jr Audio/Visual Archive
My UBB
In
( ((((((((((((((STEREO))))))))))))) ) )
Where Available
Same here Freak! And even if you do get it all sorted out, your users end up with too many clicks to get there! I tested out the DEMO, and it was OK...but we need to be able to get it implemented on OUR sites to really DEMO it...but we have seen how hard THAT is!! [Linked Image]

------------------
Tony (Vipermad) Rickard
Viper Club UBB Admin
I have been using the hearme for my sites for a longtime but i found the tripods which is alot like hear me is just as good and it wont be shut down..so replace the hearme java with the tripod and it will work the same...
Nevermind they rotated thier server geeshh
Posted By: No25 Re: Voice/Text Chat Hack that actually works... - 01/26/2001 10:57 PM
I,ve replaced mine with the jPilot IRC applet.
As before past it in over Shadeaux's text in ubbmisc.cgi.You can change one of the param's to default fill the Nick via the cookie.

You have to register it for about $40, but you can set up other channels your members can join as well.

As it's not full IRC most of the drawbacks security wise are not a problem.

Have a look http://www.jpilot.com/ [Linked Image]
Posted By: g-man Re: Voice/Text Chat Hack that actually works... - 01/28/2001 5:52 PM
No25 - For all the newbies , could you post more detailed instuctions as to how to integrate jpilot into UBB !
© UBB.Developers