UBB.Dev
Posted By: Scud Muffin The Ultimate Edit hack!! - 09/10/2000 9:00 PM
I am not new to UBB code hacking, just writing my own hacks. This is my first attempt at writing my ow hack. It is really very useful in what it does, and I hope you will enjoy it.

What this hack does: This hack does many things involving the routine when a user edits his/her message and the text that appears when a user edits his/her message.
It:
  • Makes it so Administrators and Moderators don't get the "[This message has been edited by]" when they edit their posts.
  • Removes multiple edited by's when a user edits his/her message more than once.
  • Strips the edit text when they view the text box to edit their message more than once.
  • Makes the text alot smaller and looks better. The HTML does not appear when edited.
  • Adds a format time to the end, like 10:34 PM. (EX) This message was edited by Scud Muffin on 08-09-00 at 11:56 PM
  • Really simple to install!

Here is an image showing what the text looks like when a user edits their message(note: The admin posted directly below. He also edited his message. See how the text didn't show up for him? Also note the format time at the end of the edited text):

Like I said, this is my first attempt at hacking with my own code. You will find this hack to be really useful and almost insanely easy to install. Just go here:
http://testboard.hypermart.net/hacks/edithack.txt

and follow the instructions. I hope you all like. Post in this topic if you have any problems with installing or errors. Enjoy!!

------------------
Posted By: Billy Bandit Re: The Ultimate Edit hack!! - 09/12/2000 7:44 PM
Thanks Scud Muffin! It works great for me on 5.45c

------------------
Billy Bandit
Bandit Boys
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: The Ultimate Edit hack!! - 09/25/2000 9:30 AM
works nicely here on 5.46 as well... thanks!

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com
Posted By: J.C. Re: The Ultimate Edit hack!! - 10/04/2000 3:00 AM
Scud,

I have an idea for a mod to this. I was thinking instead of the text, there could be an icon added to the line with "edit,profile etc.." Make it b/w until edited then it would be colored, and the "edited by ..." would be in the form of an alt= tag. You could mouse over it and see when, etc..

Do you think it's possible with your mod?

------------------
Cyber-Poetry.com
UBB Layout Designer/Affiliate

This message has been edited by C_P on October 03, 2000 at 08:01 PM
© UBB.Developers