UBB.Dev
I have redocumented this hack, added a few goodies, and removed spell checker, as 5.47 has it in it.

Thats why i call it 3.7 and not 3.0 redocumented.
Translator included.
http://www.h-realms.com/codebuttons3.5.zip

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
Read my BIO in the team link!

This message has been edited by MasterMind on November 15, 2000 at 06:48 PM
does it work with 5.45c??

------------------
-= DFT =-
I don mean dis in a disrespectful way//
But colombine happens in the ghetto happens every day//
Uncle L
Yes, but it is redocumented for 5.47.
If you wanna upgrade, it is just a small code change and a drop in replacement for the ubb_code_buttons.pl file.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
o iight yea i want to just upgrade...would you be able to post two files...

one for the upgrade from 3.0
the other for like the full version for those who dont have it??

------------------
-= DFT =-
Uncle L
Posted By: ASC Re: UBB Code Buttons Version 3.7 with Translator - 10/16/2000 4:07 AM
That sounds gread... too bad for Mutt. Infopop has definitely turned corporate since the new guy came on.

Anyways.... Just wondering, I have refrained from adding this mod in the past because I have no desire to allow my users to use colours or font sizes. Is there a way you can document it so that we know what to delete to keep these buttons from showing?
If you want i can make a custom version for you.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
Nice work MM... I had started something like this, but got bogged down, thank you for taking up the cause! [Linked Image]

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com
Hey allen, if you have any additional code that will save me time, mail it to me. [Linked Image]

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
Here you go... not quite finished. I wanted to add the flash button in there as well, didn't quite get there.

It does have the fix for Netscape and combines the smilie-cp addon with it, since most everybody installs one with the other:
https://www.ubbdev.com/hacks/codebuttons31.zip

warning to anyone else downloading it: I have installed this fine on a couple of boards, but will not be supporting it, since MM is gonna present a more final version... it is for bug testing purposes only..

------------------
Allen

Heyas,

Does this 3.5 update include the fix for when you position your cursor (and then click) in the textbox, then click one of the insert code buttons (url, e-mail, etc.) that it will create the code where you positioned the cursor, and not appended to the very end of the message?

Mutt fixed this, but of course since the Infopop situation, he never released his version as you already know.

This bugs the hell outta my users, they wanna be able to put their cursor somewhere in the message they're creating, and have the code inserted right THERE!

Thanks! [Linked Image]

------------------
Visit Alien Soup Forums
http://www.aliensoup.com/cgi-bin/forums/Ultimate.cgi

This message has been edited by Alien on October 16, 2000 at 02:23 AM
Allen, mind if i use your document and add my stuff to it and give you full credit..?

Alien, i am not sure if Allen fixed this or not, but if he didn't, i will try and fix it.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
quote:
are you able to do this MM?

------------------
-= DFT =-
Uncle L
Posted By: ASC Re: UBB Code Buttons Version 3.7 with Translator - 10/16/2000 3:13 PM
MasterMind - I don't think a custom version is required.

Perhaps I can just leave out the images/drop downs from the postings.cgi page. Would this be possible and still work?
ASC - The information for this is in the ubb_code_buttons.pl file i believe.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
People. If you can help fix any known or unknown bugs in this hack, let us know. I will be making a Code Buttons 4.0 later, this just fixes a few things, adds a few things, and i even removed a line or two or redundant code.

Download it here

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
quote:
Thank you SO much!

------------------
Visit Alien Soup Forums
It is not fixed in this version. I will find a way to fix it.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
Posted By: Alien Re: UBB Code Buttons Version 3.7 with Translator - 10/16/2000 10:56 PM
Kick ass. [Linked Image]

------------------
Visit Alien Soup Forums
if uve installed this can u show me cause i wanna see if its worth upgrading

------------------
-= DFT =-
Uncle L
Hey Jigga... we'll get it up here as soon as it is out.. maybe tonight..

MM, you can use anything I sent ya... it's a good start, I just never found out how to add the flash button to it, so I didn't tidy up the bottom part. Mas*Mind's smilie cp add-on is included and the netscape issue with the button's (shaneV's fix) are included...

------------------
Allen

Posted By: ASC Re: UBB Code Buttons Version 3.7 with Translator - 10/17/2000 1:46 AM
Allen, it is taking an eternity for your reply page to come up off of topics.

I have tried various forums to see the times and I am at least 10-15 seconds on a cable modem. I am not sure if you are running UBBCode Buttons 3.5 here but that thta if you were, you might have wanted to know about this.
I've had the same problem.. it appears to be spellchecker.net slowing it down..happens here too.

------------------
Well...THAT hack didn't work.. Gimme the next one!
Posted By: ASC Re: UBB Code Buttons Version 3.7 with Translator - 10/17/2000 2:36 AM
Does it connect to the SpellChecker domain on the load of the page though?
Allen is not running 3.5 here.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
I didn't have 3.5 either when this happend.

asc, yes it does. if you remove the sproxi file and use netscape you'll get an error when you try to reply or post. for now, I downloaded the 3.5 codebuttons file and ripped out the java for the spell checker and turned off the spell checker in the cp and it has no problems now.

Allen..
I downloaded the 3.5 version that MM posted. I read there was a mall code change and a file drop in to upgrade. Is/was the code change only to the ubb_codebuttons file or was there other changes to be made to the ubb files. For right now the only changes I made were the "ripping" out of the spell checker script in the codebuttons file. I managed to rip it out of the 5.47 files as well, but I figured a button that said "Spell checker" on it would be easier if we decided to use it. IMO it's worthless, no one cares..lol.

------------------
Well...THAT hack didn't work.. Gimme the next one!

This message has been edited by KodoSan on October 16, 2000 at 07:51 PM
If you have it in already, its a drop in replacement.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
SAAWEEEETT!! Thanks MM... GOD I LOVE THIS PLACE!! I swear.. just by installing the hacks I'm beginning to understand cgi and perl.. a great lesson! Thanks everyone!

------------------
Well...THAT hack didn't work.. Gimme the next one! www.fraggersforum.com
i think im wrong
yo um.....this version isnt the one on mutt's site this is just the regular one but redocumented for 5.47 am i right?
like its not a whole new version???

------------------
-= DFT =-
Uncle L
ATTENTION! I fixed a MAJOR spellchecker bug causing severe server overhead. Fixed a small bug as well.

Redownload the file and upload the .pl file.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
JIgga Master, this version fixes plenty of bugs. There will be a version 4.0 coming soon with new features.
This one also adds the netscape fix as well.
So, it is a new version. 3.5.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
did you remove the spell checker alltogether?

------------------
o iight um...but like its visual wise no diffrent from v3

------------------
-= DFT =-
Uncle L
I don't think there is any visual difference.. it was a drop in upgrade..mainly back end programming from the sound of it.

------------------
yea dats what i figured...imma just wait for v4 to come out..thanx

------------------
-= DFT =-
Uncle L
To all in this saga of the spell checker issue:

GO HERE to obtain custom scripts fo doing this yourself.

I don't know if you all noticed this or not..I surely didn't and I feel very stupid for not doing so, but I managed to get the spell checker thingy working after I noticed a sile called:

read_me_spellchecker.txt.

Hmmmmmmm should have done this fist I supose. but for those that didn't read it make sure you do the following:

#############################################

You must edit the sproxy.ini file (usually in your cgi directory) in the following locations:

SPCH_JS_PATH should be replaced with the full URL where you placed the file spch.js.
For example, http://my_server.com/ubb/spellchecker/sproxy.cgi.

SPROXY_URL should be replaced with the full URL of the sproxy.cgi file.
For example, http://my_server.com/cgi-bin/sproxy.cgi.

DEF_LANG should be replaced with the default language to be used by SpellCheck. Change this
parameter to one of the following values:

en - American English
uk - British English
fr - French
ge - German
it - Italian
sp - Spanish
dk - Danish
br - Brazilian Portuguese
nl - Dutch
no - Norwegian
pt - Portuguese
se - Swedish
fi - Finnish

#############################################

I did the "Ummmm UNTHINKABLE "After All Else Fails ==> Read the instructions <===", and it now works like a champ in NS and IE. I havent put the Java code back into the ubb_codebutton.pl file and tested that yet, but it is definately working correctly as it is stands (3.5 version).

Hope this helps.

------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abe Lincoln Says "Endeavor to Persevere" - I Just Happen To Agree :-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Semiconductor - Field Service Engineering
www.ke1ha.com
5.45c Forums
5.47x Test Board

This message has been edited by G_B on October 18, 2000 at 04:16 AM
quote:
Do you mind if I ask you to release then also a 5.45c update version for the people that already run the v3 version of UBB Code Buttons? [Linked Image]

------------------
Cr4z33
===================
Pizza r000000x! laugh
I am having a problem with the smilies part of this hack. When I click the smilies button, the page comes up like it should, but the list of available smilies is blank. In the smilies settings, it shows no available smilies. I have checked my smilies url and path and both are correct. I did a chmod on the directory and the files to make sure. Any clue on where I should look? Also, you need to make a new zip file that includes the afp directory and smilies.cgi. I downloaded Allen's zip to get those items and added them to MM's files. I was still missing UBBCode.html though. Is there a newer version of this I need to use to replace the version on my server? Thanks [Linked Image]
I also just noticed that smilies aren't processing in messages either. I'm not at my work computer to go back through the hack again to make sure I did it right, but I'll do that tomorrow.
Allen?

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator
Ok, I feel rather stupid. I just realized that I had to manually put in all the smilie codes and stuff again. So it wasn't anything in the code, just me being a dumb arse. Great work Allen and MM [Linked Image] Thanks
Argh. Thats all I have to say.
Before I upgrade to 3.5, I'd like to know how to keep the current spellchecker (3.0 type) and have a spellcheck button next to the posting and editing buttons like they are here on this site.

(I'm running 5.39)

Could someone post the relevant code here please?

This message has been edited by NBAustin on October 25, 2000 at 04:55 PM
help please.

I'd like to get this done so i can go and do the PM 3.0 as well.
I believe you can just upload the .pl file that comes with the instructions, that's what we did...

------------------
Allen

So, you're telling me the spellchecker hasn't been ripped out?
Is the spellchecker ripped or not?
The spellchecker HAS been ripped out to prevent server load.

Your using 5.39 right? I dont know why.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator

Programmer and Developer of the Ultimate Bulletin Board.
Due to time limitation, I do not offer support Via. E-mail. Please post on the forums.

Sincerely,
MasterMind
quote:
I can't upgrade because of some special hacks(commentary text boxes...article source files..etc) that won't migrate for some reason. I've tried and tried to move the code in postings and ubb_library2 to no avail.

I know it can be done, but I can't figure it out. If you wanna look and see what i mean, go here:
http://www.unitedconservatives.com/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi

This message has been edited by NBAustin on October 28, 2000 at 12:30 PM
ok i added ubbcodebuttons 3.5 now when I try to post it goes to posting.cgi and gives me a blank screen?? Any ideas?

------------------
www.gamerzparadize.com
*Comming Soon*
Ok, major bug.

I isntalled the UBB codebuttons which I thought was needed. Everything worked fine, partially.
Now, some of my Admins and Mods and users cannot edit their own/other posts/threads. Some can edit replies, but not their original posts. I can edid my own, and others, but not initial posts.

When they click on the submit button, nothing happenes. it just sits there...
Outlaw: Are you serious? That's odd...
I'll look.
Have a link?
Post it in questions too.
Someone move this to beta.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator

Hack Developer of the Ultimate Bulletin Board. I am not an employee of Infopop

Due to time limitation, I do not offer support Via. E-mail. Please post on the forums.

Sincerely,
MasterMind
Our server is on an Intranet and its actually US Sprint's forum, and we cannot allow outsiders on the network. sorry.

Yes, I am very serious and in a bit of trouble with Managers and users not being able to edit etc...

They are getting ready to allow anothe division from Maryland to use the Tech forum, and I will have an aditional 600 users to deal with... [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image] You should see my support email box! 20 Megabytes in 3 days! [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

[edit test]

This message has been edited by Outlaw on October 30, 2000 at 01:47 AM
What bothers me the most is that its random.
Some posts they can edit, some not and some they could edit before could not edit later after other people reply...

This is very bizzare!

I just found out that now even me can't edit some posts that others can and some cannot....

Man what a freakin bug!

[edit test]

This message has been edited by Outlaw on October 30, 2000 at 01:46 AM
Let me know if you want me to email you the cgi files...
Please e-mail me your postings.cgi file to [email protected] and i will take a gander.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator

Sincerely,
MasterMind
Ok, here is another discovery. It appears, that only posts with lots of text in them gives this problem. In otherwords a Loooooong/big post, irrelevant of how many replies... Hopefully this helps... [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
quote:
Anybody got any ideas on this???
Oh well i think ill stick to the older version.

------------------
www.gamerzparadize.com
*Comming Soon*
Check your permissions for the ubbcodebuttons file, and also make sure you create a folder named private in your NoNcGi folder.
I had that prob when I installed PM 3.0, then I had to install UBB Code Buttons AND Smilies cp, I don't know if it's any help!
Nothing from this hack happens to me, and most of the coding is not responsible. It doesn't make sense, sure, blame the last mod you installed...wait...nevermind.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator

Sincerely,
MasterMind
Oh well i just installed an earlier version of it ill wait till 4.0 comes out to upgrade.

------------------
www.gamerzparadize.com
*Comming Soon*
quote:
Who r u responding to?
have you looked at the file I sent you?

Also try posting a post woth a ton of text in it, that does it every time...it will not post, it will just sit there...
Me and my members post tons of large posts everyday. Infact, i did vital searches on all of the aspects mentioned here, none of them cause this problem, and NO code from this mod can/will cause this. Your file came out of my debugger clean, and it looks fine. Must be:

1) ubb_library.pl or ubb_library2.pl
2) Another mod in postings.cgi

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator

Sincerely,
MasterMind
Well, I just tried editing one of the topics with netscape, and it worked fine, but the same topic still will not edit using IE. So, me thinks its a javascript incompatibility issue. I have no other explanation. I debuged all the cgi scripts, and there were no errors what so ever...

So, I am having everyone move to Netscape...
I have been trying to confirm this error myself with no luck... how "long" exactly are these posts?
I would like to see if I can simulate this on my test BB prior to releasing my changes over to my current forum.

------------------
My Site
The only difference between a fool and an eccentric are your beliefs in their ideas.
when last I had this problem it was due to the spell checker. I ripped it out of UBB Codebuttons and turned it off in the cp (those losers at i-pop stole it anyway), the problem went away.

------------------
Well, we r still having th problem,and again it will not letus edit some of the large posts, and only if using IE 5.5. Works fine with Netscape, and we never had the spellchecker installed...

If anyone on the staff here or official Hackers here wishes a copy of our cgiscripts [the whole thing with PM and hacks etc, I will gladly email them as long as someone gets to the bottom of this...
Try installing the latest service pack for IE 5.5 SP1 was released a few days ago.

------------------
Peace Out,
DJLunacy
www.mp3.com/voi
gamerzparadize.com i got the same thing mate.

So what i did to get it to work is installed all the hack (redocumented) BUT where it asks you to edit ubb_library.pl on the new documented i just edited that part with the old documented and it worked great.

Hope this helps
quote:
What's the IP to the server with them? Perhaps I can help you out, as I'm on the internal Sprint network as well. What city are you in? We still may have a firewall issue though [Linked Image]

Email if me you want, I'll give you my internal Sprint email.

------------------
A crust of bread is better than nothing. Nothing is better than love.
Therefore, by the transitive property, a crust of bread is better than love.
Can anyone just make this hack where it only adds the font stuff and color things, without all the extra features, i just want my users to have a easier way to make different colors, sizes and fonts, that is all, anyways thanks.

------------------
Sometimes being dead to someone is a good thing.
Then you don't need the ubb_code_buttons.pl Look in the installation doc and look for the part where it says sub ubbcode in ubb_library2.pl and concentrate at that part as thats where the new ubb codes are added

------------------
The Fusion of Goku & Trunks...GoTorankusuKu
Updated with Translator.

------------------
UBBDEV Moderator

Sincerely,
MasterMind
Hey MM, I have 3.5 right now and want to ask if I have to go through the hacking of the ubb files again or can I just upgrade the ubb_code_buttons.pl? I did a file compare on ubb_code_buttons.pl so I wouldn't lose the spellchecker because I have 5.44.

------------------
The Fusion of Goku & Trunks...GoTorankusuKu
I installed this and when I tried to post, I recieved a pop-up from IE saying that there is a need to debug...

I looked in my error log, and saw:

quote:
Any ideas?
© UBB.Developers