UBB.Dev
Posted By: Leshrac Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 1:36 AM
Time for the last release of Memberlist before the next point release: v2.5
New in this version:
  • Web control panel for configuring the increasing array of options.
  • Fix for the user deletion "leftovers" problem.
  • Option for configuring what the allowed search fields are. (It used to just default to the fields you chose to display.) For example, you may want to allow users to find each other via an e-mail address, but you may not want the e-mail column displayed.
  • Option to use either the standard UBB e-mail link, or a mailto: link.
  • ICQ "add-me" option.
  • Karma display option. (If you're using the Karma hack.)
  • Ability to filter out users with fewer than a certain number of posts.
  • Various code clean-ups and more commenting.
  • And more...

You can find a demo of the script here:
http://www.magictraders.com/cgi-bin/ubb/memberlist.cgi

You can download the ZIP file here:
http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/memberlist.zip

Or, the tarball here:
http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/memberlist.tgz

* Important! *
The installation instructions have changed, so please go through the README.txt file as if you were installing it for the first time, if you don't, the script will not function correctly. If something isn't working, go through the readme file again, if it still isn't working, go though the readme file another time. Seriously, please don't e-mail me until you've gone through the readme at least three times, as there are a LOT of little internal changes, and missing just one could screw things up. Also, lettercreate.pl has changed to lettercreate.cgi in order to work on Windows NT and other poorly configured systems. Due to a data format change, you MUST run lettercreate.cgi again, but ONLY during the appropriate step of the installation process!

Enjoy! [Linked Image]

*Moderators: Please close the other Memberlist threads. Thanks.

------------------
Leshrac
leshrac@magictraders.com
Founder, Owner - Magic Online Trading League (MOTL)
http://www.magictraders.com
MOTL Bulletin Board
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 1:56 AM
Wonderful work!
I am hoping your positivly going to release one for UBB6? [Linked Image]

------------------

Modification Developer of the Ultimate Bulletin Board
Due to time limitation, I do not offer support Via. E-mail, ICQ , AIM, Private message or any media.
Regards,
MasterMind
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 2:02 AM
Yes, that will be v3.0. I'll start work on it as soon as I can get my hands on a copy of UBB6.
I'll give this baby a try right now!

[edit]
Found something interesting Leshrac:

quote:
You do know this is memberlist not karma right [Linked Image]
[/edit]

------------------

This message has been edited by GoTorankusuKu on January 21, 2001 at 06:42 PM
Posted By: CopyCat Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 3:05 AM
Just to say that i love this mod. And thanks for answering my question in SK foruns Leshrac. Looking forward to ubb 6 version [Linked Image]!

(this mod made me modify my boards in the first place; it was the first one that i installed.. blame him if you dont like me [Linked Image])

------------------

it's a matter of time and knowledge

This message has been edited by CopyCat on January 21, 2001 at 07:08 PM
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 3:06 AM
Bah, way to go beta testers. [Linked Image] The README.txt file has been updated.
Posted By: Yakbak Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 3:10 AM
Humm...strange...why does it bring me to Options login page when I go to the script itself, without calling for Admin functions?

http://www.the-group.org/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/memberlist.cgi

Does that happen to any of you?
Exact ta mundo, same here. I know Allen had this problem before. Got a solution to this Leshrac?

------------------
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 3:16 AM
I did that on purpose to force people to FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. Please read the readme file about five more times and do exactly as it says.
Posted By: Yakbak Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 3:22 AM
Umm...lol, that's torture! It'd be quite time-efficent if you help us narrow down the problem
I did what it said and still got that dreadful admin screen...

------------------
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 4:21 AM
It seems some people were having some permissions problems, so I've updated the script to account for that. If you're having problems, please download the zip file again and redo Step 1 of the installation instructions.
I'm still getting the admin page with the new zip. This hack is so complicated [Linked Image]

------------------
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 4:51 AM
That's impossible, I removed that part of the code. Upload the new memberlist.cgi file and the included memlist.setup file.

This message has been edited by Leshrac on January 21, 2001 at 08:56 PM
I'll just wait for Allen to test it here, I've tried installing it three times and it keeps on leading me back to the admin page.

------------------
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 6:27 AM
Just installed it, it seems to be working fine now, thank you Leshrac, for all the work you have put into this and for sharing it.

For those who have layouts that go from edge to edge, you might want to find the 2 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0

One thing I found that I may have done wrong the first time was regarding the part where you are supposed to find in ubbmisc.cgi:
Code
code:
I had looked for just the last line, there were 2 of them, and I chose the wrong one to paste the code from the instructions under.

Make sure your code is the same as the instructions, it should be, and paste it in the correct place. There is only one section thats close to what that whole block of code is...

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com
Posted By: Yakbak Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 9:25 PM
Hmm...either my browser cache is screwy, or the newly downloaded ZIP file, downloaded 3:29PM AST, Jan. 22, re-checked my UBB files, and re-uploaded all required setup files, yet it still shows this ******* control panel...grrrr
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 11:13 PM
Not sure where your problem is yakbak... I installed exctly like the instructions have said and it runs fine here... are permissions on the .setup file at 777 as recommended?

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com
Posted By: Yakbak Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/22/2001 11:15 PM
Yes, the permissions are set to 777 on the .setup file

Strange...I'll have to give it another shot...
OK I finally found the reason why it will lead you back to the admin screen. I got it to work after finding out this bug:

IF you turn on the 'online' indicator for memberlist, then you WILL be brought back to the admin screen EVERYTIME I think Leshrac should debug this.

------------------
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/23/2001 3:51 AM
What? That makes absolutely no sense. There's nothing in the script that could cause that and I see no such effect in the version I'm running. Download the latest zip file and clear out your browser's cache.
I did that alot of times just right now. I got the memeberlist working without the online option for display. It will not work if I turn it on and yes I do have IM's.

------------------
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/23/2001 4:09 AM
Download the zip file again and look at the code for yourself. The only way to get the admin subroutine to run is by running memberlist.cgi with the ?action=admin suffix. Something must be wrong with your system.
Posted By: Alien Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/23/2001 6:26 AM
Script is working fine here.

Thanks a bunch, Leshrac!

------------------

Visit Alien Soup Forums
http://www.aliensoup.com/cgi-bin/forums/Ultimate.cgi
Posted By: Yakbak Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/23/2001 9:10 PM
Wow dood, GoTorankusuKu is right, I removed the "online" thing from the display, and now it works...
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/23/2001 9:26 PM
I still don't see how this could be happening if you just downloaded the zip file. There's nothing in the code that could cause this, and I get no such effect in the version I'm running.
Posted By: Yakbak Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/23/2001 11:28 PM
So you are implying that when you enable the Online status indicator (online), you don't get the admin login page, the first time setting it up?
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/23/2001 11:47 PM
That's exactly what I'm trying to say, I can't duplicate the error with the latest version.
quote:
At least I'm not the only person having that problem.

------------------
quote:
I did the same thing and mine worked as well. v5.47d with the IM hack, ICQ hack, whos online hack, Triple IM hack, PM hack and now the memberlist hack. All hacks are the most recent versions of each. I suggest the writer uses the same hacks and adds the memberlist hack last. and see what happens. The problem happened on the initial install with the most recent download of the memberlist hack. This v2.5 should be updated to cover this problem. This makes at least 4 people that have had this same problem.

------------------
http://gmncomputers.dyndns.org/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi?
Posted By: Orb Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/24/2001 6:28 PM
im affraid to say on my board i have no problems at all
but on another i work on i get the same probs as every one else i have to disable the who's online
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/25/2001 12:37 AM
I think I've been able to deduce the problem. It seems that somehow, somewhere, in one of the versions of the Who's Online hack (apparently not the version I'm using) there's an &admin; call, and that call is getting confused with the admin subroutine in memberlist.cgi. I guess it's my fault for assuming that no other hacks use an "admin" subroutine, but then, none of mine do. [Linked Image] To fix this, just download the new zip file, upload the new memberlist.cgi, and you're set. If you'd rather fix it yourself, just do the following:

On line 88 of memberlist.cgi, replace &admin; with &memAdmin; Then on line 640, replace sub admin { with sub memAdmin { Save, upload, and you're done.

http://www.magictraders.com
MOTL Bulletin Board

This message has been edited by Leshrac on January 24, 2001 at 04:39 PM
Thanks this fix worked. I think I was the first one to try this out.

------------------
http://gmncomputers.dyndns.org/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi?
Yep, that did the trick. Thank you Leshrac for debugging that.

------------------
Posted By: Turbanator Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/27/2001 12:40 AM
Quick suggestion if I may, in lettercreate.pl, on my site, the lettercreate times out 90% of the time, we have a large members database, and the irony is that we rely on the lettercreate for the faster getusername routines [Linked Image]

Anyhow, my extemely simple and easy to code cure to this pain in the ass problem:

in lettercreate.pl, after:
Code
code:

and just above:
Code
code:

add:
Code
code:

adds a little status/progress bar.. amazing how the simplest things can work wonders [Linked Image]
Posted By: TyRaN Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/28/2001 10:56 PM
Script is working fine for me too...

and i have the online feature turn on.

i made some change in memberlist.cgi

i change the body to this:

cause the text is black and i have $AltColumnColor1 black too...

maybe some else will have to do this...

last thing... where are the part of the script that display the login for admin?

becasue i want to remove the header for that screen to call it by the cp... like the who's online hack...

check the screen shot:

------------------
Sorry for my english... i speak french.

TyRaN = tyranausaure

Posted By: Balbanes Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/29/2001 7:07 PM
Thanks, it works fine on my board.

But how do I create a link at the top of all the forums that links to the memberlist,

Profile | Register | Prefrences | FAQ | Memberlist

For some reason, the memberlist link isnt there, can anyone tell me how to fix this??

thanks
Posted By: Jerel Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 01/30/2001 4:03 AM
Works for me on my 5.47d board.
thanks.

------------------
Webmaster of The Van Halen Vault & The Van Halen Radio Network
Administator of the "Strung Out" message board @ http://wwww.vhstrungout.com
quote:
You link it yourself using the tag

------------------
I'm having this problem. Every time someone register, they can't seem to enter the forum with their newly registered username and password. However, if I run "lettercreate.cgi" every time someone registered, they can enter and post.

The error message is that the username wasn't found in the database. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 02/01/2001 1:01 PM
Sounds like you didn't add the required code to ubbmisc.cgi.
Double checked my codes and everything is in there. Still having the same problem.
Posted By: Jeffery Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 02/12/2001 11:22 AM
I've seen a few BB's that seem to be running Memberlist. On Forum List (Front Page) where it says Currently Browsing the Boards everyone ssems to have online mmebrs listed below that text. Mine doesnt work. I can only see that info if I click on the 'Currently Browsing the Boards' link. Can anyone help? Thx
quote:
Did you setup Who's Online in CP first?
Posted By: Jeffery Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 02/16/2001 11:13 PM
No I wasn't paying attention. I got it. Thanks!
Posted By: H.A.L.L. Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 03/20/2001 4:54 PM
im having the same problem as " theCrusader " is. everythang in ubbmisc.cgi is EXACTLY as it said in the read me file. so i dont see why everytime someone registers i have to run lettercreate frown
Posted By: Dane Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 04/10/2001 8:40 PM
Hi,

I installed Memberlist 2.5 on my 5.45c board with no problems... A couple of things aren't functioning though.

1. Get User Profile no longer works
2. The smilies function brings up a pop-up, but I get a 404.

Any help would be kindly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dane
Posted By: Dane Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 04/10/2001 8:50 PM
Oh shucks... users can't modify thier profile anymore either!... eeek... help!
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 04/11/2001 7:14 PM
Hey Dane, nice looking site you got there...

I am pretty sure this version of the memberlist was made for ubb 5.47+, any way you could file compare and update to it? You'd be getting a good number of new features and quite a few security holes patched... if you decide to try it, let me know if you run into problems, it takes a while, but isn't too difficult. Use Beyond Compare to do the job...
Posted By: David Bott Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 04/17/2001 3:30 AM
Hi All...

My issue with this is that if I delete a user from the CP, after that, whenever a new person tries to register, they receive a messages that "The user name is already taken." They can put in anything under the sun and they get the same message until I run lettercreate.cgi again. (Not small task with 19,000+ users.) After that, it will allow new people to register.

Any clue? I do have ver 2.5 installed.
Posted By: Leshrac Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 04/17/2001 7:33 AM
Check the installation instructions again, the latest version fixed the member deletion problem.
Posted By: David Bott Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 04/20/2001 4:18 PM
As mentioned, I have the current version and have gome through the code and instructions. very pondering indeed.
Posted By: SiXdredd Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 04/21/2001 11:06 PM
ok, Leshrac, Im kinda confused, the code is working perfectly ^_^ its awesome, BUT, the link to the Member list wont show on Ultimate.cgi

Any reason why? I read the directions, again and again and again, is there something you can point out that I missed? I ran lettercreate.cgi and tested everything in memberlist.cgi and that all works. if you can get back to me, that will be great ^_^
~SiX
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 04/23/2001 1:23 AM
For anyone that wants to add a link to memberlist in ultimate.cgi look for

$RegLinkHere preferences | faq $SearchOption

then just add basic html to the end of it which would link to your member list. Or you could find
$RegLinkhere = qq(and add it to that line. Take your pick!
Does anyone know if this mod works with UBB V6.04b?
Posted By: e Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 06/13/2001 3:09 AM
confused i installed the scripts, i get to the admin pages fine and i very carefully edited the required files but when i run the lettercreate in telnet i get this error:

Undefined subroutine &main::jday called at ubb_library.pl line 546.

any ideas/helps?

thanks in advance!
Posted By: KE1HA Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 06/17/2001 8:54 AM
WarLady - No ...This hack is for the UBB 5.x series. 6.x is completely different coding.

They have a member list for 6.x though. Look ath the top of any of the forum pages..It's there, I just don't know what version they are up to. I still use 5.47

KE1HA
Posted By: muskaman Re: Memberlist v2.5 - The Last of the Line - 06/22/2001 10:59 PM
I have a problem. When I try to upload the files, it says no such file or directory exists. What do I do?
Means you havent got a directory to upload in.
© UBB.Developers