UBB.Dev
*takes a deep breath*

Adds an extra line to the member file, on that line it logs the ip of the member after each post and on registration. Then adds a new search panel in the user information control panel which allows you to search for users via IP address.

Useful when wanting to track down alt-nicks of idiots that have spammed your board [Linked Image]

The hack is pretty much finished, been using it for a few days at my board ( Quake3World.com ), works a treat there. If I've typoed in the write up, lemme know ASAP.

Download
thx will try it out!

------------------
Oh, and I'll prolly be making this UBB6.0 compatible... prolly... [Linked Image]
Yes, make it UBB6 compatible... since everyone is going to be changing over to UBB6 within the month (most people anyway).
Will this work with versions that do not have a cpanel4.cgi like the earlier 5.4x versions, and if so, what are the proper steps?
[Linked Image] I'll have to dig up my copy of 5.43b and let ya know which bits need changing, but yes, with a little modification, it will work with those versions.

[ February 12, 2001: Message edited by: Turbanator ]
Thanks Turbanator!

I'll be looking for it!
Posted By: CT Re: Member IP Logging and Searching Facilities... - 02/19/2001 12:20 PM
Did anyone get this hack working in combination with the karma hack?
[Linked Image] It should have no problems with any other hack, it isn't reliant on very much.
Posted By: NSA Re: Member IP Logging and Searching Facilities... - 02/20/2001 1:31 PM
I did everything as told.. and it seems to work find, EXCEPT!

When I click on "User Info & Permissions" an error message comes up, saying:

Line: 9
Error: 'document.THEFORM.UserName' is null or not an object

Then I click OK and it works fine, but it is a tad annoying. Any ideas? This is on a fresh 5.47 install. confused
Posted By: CT Re: Member IP Logging and Searching Facilities... - 04/25/2001 7:30 PM
Code
quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turbanator:
[Linked Image] It should have no problems with any other hack, it isn't reliant on very much.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it does... The Karma hack uses a memberprofile field and this piece of code is completely changed: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:

I would really want to implement this hack though. So if anyone got it working with the Karma hack then I would be thankful if someone could explain how...

Cheers,

CT.
quote:
Wierd... have you got a backup of cpanel.cgi?

If so, restore it and rehack it, somethings messed up the javascript on that page that tests wether you've inserted your username and pass before submitting.
Code
quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CT:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial">code:

I would really want to implement this hack though. So if anyone got it working with the Karma hack then I would be thankful if someone could explain how...

Cheers,

CT.

You need to use another profile line, other than the line 15 which I specifed (by default [UnHacked], the next availble line is #15). Just go for the next availble number and it'll log ips to that line.
Posted By: CT Re: Member IP Logging and Searching Facilities... - 04/27/2001 3:15 PM
Turbanator,

My membership routine says something like this: (since I installed the Karma hack)

Code
code:

My question is: how do I add the 15th field?

Thanks for your help,

CT.

[ April 27, 2001 08:19 AM: Message edited by: CT ]
Posted By: CT Re: Member IP Logging and Searching Facilities... - 04/27/2001 4:51 PM
I think I've got the hack working.

I put the memberfield[18] because 1 to 17 were taken.

That did the trick. Thanks man!

CT.

Error: 'document.THEFORM.UserName' is null or not an object

Im getting the same error also.
The easiest fix for it is to, cpanel.cgi, change:
Code
code:

to

Code
code:

What versions of UBB are you running BTW?
I worked that out after posting the msg smile

Im using 5.47d
Okay, line up to punch me tipsy

Code
code:

change to:

Code
code:

also might wanna change this section:
Code
code:

to:

Code
code:

No spaced between get and Cookie in the actual code (UBB6.0 being ghey isn't letting me post it :p) have fun smile
Another thing that would make this hack a bit better....
When doing a search for members by username or something, u get a row of grey & white lines with IP's listed in them for the users that are displayed. The thing is you dont know which user it belongs to.
maybe insted of showing the IP above the results table, why not add an extra column to that table that is already there and show the IP in that. Would be much better!
Posted By: CT Re: Member IP Logging and Searching Facilities... - 05/05/2001 2:20 PM
Yet another idea is to log al IP's ever used by a user, and not just the last one.

Or would that make a to big IP file?
quote:
Yep, huge. Just consider all the IP #s AOL generates!

Side note to Turbanator:

Have you documented the hack for earlier 5.xx versions yet?
© UBB.Developers