UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dark_Wizard UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 12/28/2000 9:36 PM
You can find it in the staging area.

------------------
I do not offer support by EMail or ICQ, please post your question at UBBDev....
Posted By: Dark_Wizard Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 12/28/2000 11:00 PM
C'mon guys...anyone interested in helping me finish this? You see where it is going...

------------------
Posted By: Ultra GrrL Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 12/28/2000 11:13 PM
Hi! Thanks for the great modification [Linked Image]

One question though......is it still incomplete?
Posted By: Dark_Wizard Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 12/28/2000 11:23 PM
Yes it is incomplete, but it does work. I don't like the copy and paste bit but it is unavoidable without writing a major mod. The part that I'm trying to finish now is the link from the newspage to the UBB topic and to also post the number of comments on the news page. I am in the process now of combining the viewnews.cgi, viewnews.tmpl, ndisplay and the mod that I created together but I'm in desperate need of some cgi programmers that are above me to help me finish this. As far as I'm concerned it's almost complete and just needs a few subs to complete my goals.

------------------
Posted By: Pilot Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 12/31/2000 7:46 PM
Could you explain what and where NewsPro is?

I have never heard of it yet it seems a requirement for this hack but no information on it, or link to it, is provided.
Posted By: dadymac Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 12/31/2000 7:52 PM
is there any restrictions on the forum? like max security and who can post?? it seems to work but i cant get it to create a topic.

------------------
http://www.dadymac.com
Posted By: dadymac Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 12/31/2000 8:47 PM
nm, got it to work, must have 3.05, wont work in 3.04

but noticed that anything you post wont get written to the news.txt, hence those who use the ssi output for headlines and such wont get to keep that updated...and im not sure how to pull that one off.

------------------
Posted By: Turbanator Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/01/2001 6:06 AM
Haven't had a chance to check this out yet, and too be honest, I've never played with news pro's coding and modules, but I thought this may help. For my Comment on announcements hack I use this code to link the post to the announcement.

Code
code:

$PostTopicToo refered from a checkbox, $ForumsPath from "UltBB.setup" and $CommentForum is specified by the hacker (In your setup file, $ForumID looks like the same thing). $Message is the announcement message.

EDiT: Is enabling HTML really that risky?

This message has been edited by Turbanator on December 31, 2000 at 10:11 PM
Posted By: Turbanator Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/01/2001 6:17 AM
Whats this "copy paste bit" btw?
Posted By: Dark_Wizard Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/01/2001 2:45 PM
The copy/paste bit was the easiest at this point due to several things, It would take alot of coding to update the news.txt file since the news article number is randomly assigned by newspro.cgi. And second is the coding in newspro would have to be drastically changed to fit the UBB layout. The other way to make this work would be that you would use the viewnews.cgi and viewnews.tmpl files. This was just a start of a very big hack but would take considerable time to complete. Right now NewsPro is going to version 4 (Code Name "Coranto") and should be out in about a month. The code has been rewritten by Elvii from the ground up, I was also waiting for UBB 6 to come out as well. When these products are out I will continue this hack. I was looking for some help on ideas and maybe some help in the coding area as well so the transition to the new versions would be easier.
quote:

------------------
Posted By: Dark_Wizard Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/01/2001 2:49 PM
Yes there is a restriction;

• * You must be a registered user in UBB.
    * You must have rights to post in the forum.
    * You must have rights in NewsPro to post News.

quote:

------------------
Posted By: dadymac Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/01/2001 8:57 PM
im sorry what is this for??

quote:
------------------
Posted By: Turbanator Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/02/2001 8:32 AM
quote:
Just a suggestion for DW, dunno how useful it is.

EDiT: I WANT HTML DAMNIT!

This message has been edited by Turbanator on January 02, 2001 at 12:33 AM
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/02/2001 8:33 PM
quote:
quote:
If you had seen the bugs unearthed last week when html is turned on, you would say yes... hence 5.47d

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com
Posted By: dadymac Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/02/2001 8:56 PM
the copy paste thing refers to that you can make a new topic but it wont add to the news unless you copy paste it right?? so basically the hack is a link to a post topic or am i missing something??? again the headlines option wont work but would be nice

------------------
Where's this ubb_code_buttons.pl ???
I don't have one [Linked Image]

------------------
I Disappear ?
http://www.Metallifukinca.com
Posted By: Statix Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/04/2001 4:37 PM
what exactly does this hack do?

------------------
Posted By: telnetmanta Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/17/2001 5:26 AM
what are the pre requisites to install this mod? i installed it and get an ISE???

hmm is codebuttons required?

Thanks,
Telnetmanta
Posted By: telnetmanta Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 01/17/2001 9:47 PM
~BumP~
Posted By: Opaque Re: UBB/NewsPro Hack has been uploaded! - 06/09/2002 2:36 PM
Erm I cant really find the code in the staging area frown Do you mind PMing me with a link?
© UBB.Developers