UBB.Dev
Posted By: The Team CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/14/2000 2:51 AM
Quote From Mutt
quote:
I have upgraded this UBBs CYMPM. So if you want to check it out just to see if it is bug free go to it on the main page.

Also I made a mirror site so it would be easer for download Click Here to download it.

------------------
President and Webmaster of UBB Hackers Hideout.

AIM:SpazJCC
Email: ubbmaster@ubbcodehacking.com
Posted By: ilya Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/14/2000 4:01 AM
It works great!!
Except, there's one little error - ignore is spelled wrong [Linked Image]
Posted By: mazmanr Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/14/2000 5:00 AM
hehe...just put it on the site, and works perfectly [Linked Image]

quote:
you are ABSOLUTELY right tipsy

------------------
E-Mail: [email protected]
AIM: Mazmanr
Posted By: ilya Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/14/2000 6:45 AM
Heh [Linked Image]
When I first saw it, i was like:
I'm I having a headache or is Ignore spelled wrong? [Linked Image]
Posted By: Rotaredom Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/14/2000 6:56 AM
ilya: Ignore was spelled correctly. It was Ignor that was misspelled.

Everyone suffers from dyslexia every now adn again. [Linked Image]

Dyslexics of the World, Untie!
CW

P.W.: I really am dylexic BTW in case you want to know.
Posted By: ilya Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/14/2000 7:09 AM
Well, that's what I meant [Linked Image]
Count it as "Ignor" is not a word [Linked Image]
Posted By: Parker Clack Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/14/2000 7:20 PM
UBBMaster:

The private messages link on the Ultimate.cgi page has my username listed twice with a square in between the two of them so I cannot read any of my private messages.

Thanks,
Parker
Posted By: Menno Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/14/2000 7:39 PM
ilya: nitpick [Linked Image]

------------------
Cougar's here, so have no fear
Webmaster of www.artbeast.de
Posted By: Dave Downin Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/14/2000 8:40 PM
Parker - go in to your preferences and click the link to delete your cookies. Then try getting in!
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/15/2000 12:37 AM
That is why it is beta!!!

------------------
President and Webmaster of UBB Hackers Hideout.

AIM:SpazJCC
Email: ubbmaster@ubbcodehacking.com
Posted By: Mutt Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/15/2000 1:11 AM
opps! I've never decided what was worse, my spelling or my typing. You think I'd spell check the thing but I'm always so into the code that I throw the links and images together in a hurry. thats why all the images are from ie5. didn't feel like spending the time to make new ones from scratch. I'll make ignor-eeee images later.

I'd rather you down the script form the download page instead of from the mirror. I get a kick out of seeing how many people downloaded it. [Linked Image]

PS - I spell checked this post
Posted By: Parker Clack Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/15/2000 9:56 AM
Dave:

I deleted the cookie set by the forum and it is still giving me the same thing. When I try to get any private message it says that the username and password are wrong and that is because it is putting in the username as Parker Clack(box here)Parker Clack. So ofcourse there is no username like that.

Parker
Posted By: Mutt Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/15/2000 5:08 PM
I've fixed the ignor spelling errors (there were at least 100 of them) and fixed an ignore list bug. just redown the zip

Download Page
Posted By: Rotaredom Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/15/2000 8:19 PM
Is the little box (Hexidecimal character 0x01) gone? I think we might have fixed it in the "Welcome (username) ..." hack. If it works there for everyone, we'll apply it to the CYMPM as well.
Posted By: Mutt Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/15/2000 10:06 PM
how was it fixed in the welcome username hack?
Posted By: Rotaredom Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/16/2000 3:35 AM
Find:

Code
code:

Replace with:
Code
code:
Posted By: allen Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 01/26/2000 11:05 AM
anyone noticed slower load times on ubb with this hack? I have a couple users saying the board loads up slower after the CYMPM was installed.
Posted By: Danimator Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 02/04/2000 7:40 PM
Everything worked great for me, except when you enter a wrong usr name and you get an error there is no BGCOLOR tag being inserted into the html. Since my text is white, you get an ugly nasty screen. How can I fix this? I have tried several different ways, and I can't quite get it done.

------------------
-Dan
Posted By: Mutt Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 02/04/2000 11:56 PM
I'll be sure to check that. did you notice this problem anywhere else?
Posted By: igypc Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 02/12/2000 4:14 AM
k, i am sure i did most of the install right but when i click the submit button in the pm form.. it sends me to a blank page and doesn't send the msg... can anyone help??
Posted By: RangerRob Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 02/23/2000 3:17 PM
Any news on when CYMPM v1.5 Final is going to be released?
I have found a number of bugs in this beta version that I am currently working around to fix and I would be interested in hearing an update on what you have been working on yourself with the script recently Mutt.
Basically the main bugs I keep finding are JavaScript errors where for some reason the CYMPM is trying to call JS routines that aren't even there, and the other main thing is with the display of CYMPM and it's handling of the header/footer.html's and the $UBBHeader/Footer's from the UBB itself.
However I must say that for a beta it's looking real good in that most of it works great as far as the actual functions are concerned, and the actual installation was seemless. [Linked Image]
Basically I'd just really like an update Mutt to see how the script is progressing and waht you've been doing on it recently?
Thanks.
Posted By: Mutt Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 02/26/2000 10:05 PM
en busy building my new site and updating my mods.

you can see it HERE

I've already redone a couple big ones ubbcode buttons, avatar addon , and now the DiscussIt! forum. When I get all the bugs out of that last one, I'm not sure which I'll work on.

the last time I worked on cympm was when i released 1.5b. If you've fixed some bugs, I be happy to hear about em and update the download. I've heard some good suggestions like changing the username and pass in the url to thier char values so they aren't so obviuosly visable, but haven't even looked at how to approach it.

Since 1.5b fixed the message numbering bug, I moved on. I'm planning on rewriting the whole thing, cleaning up the code, using ubbs subs instead of repeating them like it currently does. if you have info about problems, ideas or fixes, PLEASE send em to me. The more info I get, the more likely that i'd work. right now it seems like alot of work and I'm not looking forward to tackling it.
Posted By: t-c-i Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 02/27/2000 12:53 AM
This is the 1.st time to post a massage here!
And english ist not my foreign language, but Mut, many tnx for the good work.

The PM works now for a week in my BBS, and all things are okay!

Sometimes the Smilies have a brocken link, but all gifs are installed, have no smily hack installed, only the few from the Original Version !!

Let me know, when the final is released !!

best regards
mike
Posted By: Mutt Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 02/27/2000 7:40 AM
as far as smilies go, you need to do the extra smiley hack to cympm. the smilies set up on your site probably aren't the one set up in cympm. the next version will use ubb's smilies
Posted By: t-c-i Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 02/27/2000 12:53 PM
to Mutt:

sounds good ... i'm still waiting !!
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/09/2000 11:32 AM
Anything new going on with this hack? Just curious! =)

------------------
Troy(Trekkan)
RPG-Files Webmaster & Owner
http://www.rpg-files.com
Posted By: Mikal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/17/2000 7:48 AM
ok - having trouble with a couple of parts of this. first of all, i'm using v.5.40.

In ubb_library2.pl, i couldnt find::

$ProfileString $EmailString

in ubbmisc.cgi, I couldn't find::

$SearchName = "$thisprofile[0]";
$SearchName = &HTMLIFY($SearchName);
$SearchName =~ tr/ /+/;

I have the rest in, and waiting to upload all when i get a response to this. Thanks.
Posted By: AJ Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/18/2000 3:14 AM
I'm getting '500 internal server error' when I click on 'Send a Private Message' or the Inbox on the home page. I didn't change anything in the privatesend.cgi except the perl path. When I telnet to the server and run the privatesend.cgi script, I get:

Undefined subroutine &main: :parse_form called at privatesend.cgi line 57.

Line 57 in privatesend.cgi reads:
local (%in) = &parse_form;

Does anyone have any suggestions? Here are some things to note about my setup:

- I updatedall the PM scripts with correct path to perl5

- I have created the private directory and added .htaccess and even tested it out from the browser. The directory is chmod 777

- I am using UBB 5.44b with a number of hacks installed.

- I got my cympm15b.zip file from the link above and also went directly to your site.

- The $CGIURL directory I have tried at chmod 777 and 755.

- I have uploaded all scripts in ASCII and chmod 755.

- I have run 'Update Threads' from the UBB Control Panel

Help someone please!!! To see what happens go to: http://www.thefew.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Thanks,
AJ
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/19/2000 4:52 PM
This is a great hack, but I am suffering from a major problem. Everytime I try to send a privatemessage I get the following error:

quote:
Does anyone know what is wrong and what I can do to solve it? I have made sure all the permissions are correct, and have uploaded in ASCII.

TIA for your help.

------------------
Morgo
Delta-Force2.com
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/19/2000 5:41 PM
Have you tried reuploading the offending file. Have you checked for any cookie-lib.pl problems?

Just a thought [Linked Image]
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/19/2000 6:54 PM
What cookie-lib problems could their be?

Re-uploading the file makes no difference [Linked Image]

Thanks for help
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/19/2000 7:20 PM
Is there a "require cookie-lib.pl;" line near the top of the file. If there is, you need to get cookie-lib.pl.

Other Gurus: Is it safe to just delete the require line?

Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/19/2000 8:04 PM
Thanks for the reply, cookie-lib is already installed though! [Linked Image]

------------------
Morgo
Delta-Force2.com
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/19/2000 8:59 PM
Hmm. I know someone else with this problem but I can't seem to find out what's wrong. When I put his private*** files into my board, it works fine. Hmm. Is your perl path set correctly?

Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/19/2000 10:09 PM
Yup -path to perl is fine!

It's a bizarre problem, not to mention extremely frustrating
Posted By: Mutt Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/20/2000 6:13 AM
Yes delete the require line.

new ubb has cookie-lib subs in ubb_libray.pl
if ya delete the require it should be fine

i must answer that question 3 times a day. I'm not kidding

Morgo you seem to be having trouble sending a pm, but the rest works. that means you should check the private dir. did you make it? did you chmod?
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/20/2000 7:48 PM
LOL!

I have it working now [Linked Image] I had created the private dir in the cgi-bin root dir, rather than inside the ubb cgi dir! DUUUUHHHH!

Thanks for all help
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/20/2000 8:21 PM
Omegakid take note : Every problem with this hack has been the user's fault - I imagine yours is too.

Posted By: Andrew Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/20/2000 9:23 PM
Thanks Cal
Posted By: hunter Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/21/2000 1:50 AM
How do you enter your ignore list. Each time I click on the button it just says that it is empty. DUH! Like I didn't know that.

hunter
Posted By: Mutt Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/21/2000 6:44 AM
you are gonna feel dumb. open a message and read it. if the person is an *******, hit the ignore button. list. the button on the inbox page is to view the ignore list. now he is on your ignore if you go there now and hit it you'll see that person. there is a link to remove them from the ignor list if you choose.

Mutt
Posted By: DeathKnight Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/22/2000 2:57 AM
Did anyone else not get the file memberlist.cgi ?

if you have it could u please send it to me?

[email protected]
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/22/2000 11:23 AM
It's not part of the CYMPM hack. It's a seperate hack that the CYMPM can use as an address book. To disable it, there's an option in private.cfg

Posted By: icEFusioN Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/23/2000 3:39 PM
Hey, I found a nicely sized problem....when you try to send a message, if you, or the user name your sending it to (i'm assuming its both) have any invalid charectars in their name (such as /) it will give you an error when you try to send! How can this be fixed? THanks! -ice

------------------
*insert woosh sounds here* smile
Posted By: Web King Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/24/2000 12:50 AM
quote:
Internal Server Error 500. Please have this in Action. Thanks you all and have a good day!
Posted By: Dagon Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/24/2000 2:49 AM
I'm having this problem.. I installed the CYMPM hack and this is what I get when i try to send a private message.

flock() unimplemented on this platform at C:Inetpububb/private.pl line 455.

Is there a way to resolve this? I'm running PWS 4.0 on Win98 with ActivePerl 5 installed.
Posted By: Mandi Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/28/2000 5:53 PM
I'm so sorry to have ask what is probably a stupid question . . . well, feels stupid to me, having been able to otherwise successfully add hacks for over a year, LOL . . . but I can't seem to lay my eyeballs on the answer to this within the documentation.

Does one actually go into Forums in CP and ADD the new "forum" or is it supposed to just magically show up after updating threads?
Posted By: Dawg911 Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/29/2000 2:45 AM
I had the same problem, I just fixed the chmod on the folder. I feel so dumb.
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/29/2000 11:19 AM
Mandi - It should just appear in Ultimate.cgi. A whoile part of the hack is editing Ultimate.cgi

Posted By: Mandi Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/29/2000 6:31 PM
OMG, I just knew it was gonna be something mind numbingly embarrassing . . . I did a perfect hack, and then uploaded everything EXCEPT Ultimate.cgi . . . . sheesh . . . . I guess, be thankful for gentle reminders and FTP time stamp, LOL . . .

Thanks, all [Linked Image]!
Posted By: spiffy Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/29/2000 7:49 PM
Will CYMPM work with UBB on Windows NT running IIS4 - began to install, but then seen details about configuring .htaccess.
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/29/2000 8:48 PM
It'll work fine. Instead of using .htaccess, just set up windows NT password protection on the folder

Posted By: ilya Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/31/2000 7:02 PM
I had some problems on IIS 5.0 (win2k) with PM hack..
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 03/31/2000 7:27 PM
Any in particlular Ilya?

Posted By: Mikal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/06/2000 9:03 PM
The PMs work great - BUT i dont have the PM link in the forums on ppls individual posts. My users have to into their inboxes to send PM's - did i miss something?
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/06/2000 10:45 PM
I am getting the same error as AJ did awhile back.
Please help me fix it.
Thanks.
AJ wrote:
"I'm getting '500 internal server error' when I click on 'Send a Private Message' or the Inbox on the home page. I didn't change anything in the privatesend.cgi except the perl path. When I telnet to the server and run the privatesend.cgi script, I get:
Undefined subroutine &main: [Linked Image]arse_form called at privatesend.cgi line 57.

Line 57 in privatesend.cgi reads:
local (%in) = &parse_form;

Does anyone have any suggestions? Here are some things to note about my setup:

- I updatedall the PM scripts with correct path to perl5

- I have created the private directory and added .htaccess and even tested it out from the browser. The directory is chmod 777

- I am using UBB 5.44b with a number of hacks installed.

- I got my cympm15b.zip file from the link above and also went directly to your site.

- The $CGIURL directory I have tried at chmod 777 and 755.

- I have uploaded all scripts in ASCII and chmod 755.

- I have run 'Update Threads' from the UBB Control Panel

Help someone please!!! To see what happens go to: http://www.thefew.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Thanks,
AJ"

------------------
****Shady2000****
Posted By: Flare Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/09/2000 5:22 AM
I'm having a problem, and maybe someone can help me...

I have CYMPM 1.5b installed on my development machine, it works great, no problems at all.

I move the scripts and config over to the live machine, click on the inbox to login, enter my password/user name, and it just goes back to the CYMPM login screen. Does not give any sort of message, does absolutely nothing. It appears it just loops the login screen, no matter what you put in the User Name and Password fields, it just goes back.

You can see what I'm talking about at:
http://cohort.to/cgi-bin/privateview.cgi

Go ahead and try to login with a bogus name, you'll get the exact same response as you'd get if you had a valid user name.

------------------
A crust of bread is better than nothing. Nothing is better than love.
Therefore, by the transitive property, a crust of bread is better than love.
Posted By: Mutt Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/09/2000 5:05 PM
Hey nice buttons!

Shady2000 - Did you remove the require cookie-lib.pl line form all the scripts?
Posted By: Nevex Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/10/2000 4:29 AM
great hack man I have had it running for awhile now. One oen thing it doest add signatures properly it adds the
and stuff
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/17/2000 9:49 AM
Great hack... I am getting an error tho, when I click on: "Inbox". The error is on privateview.cgi:
quote:
Any idea what might be wrong? I think I followed the instructions exactly. The changes were pretty straightforward. It does recognize me on the front page (Ultimate.cgi), stating my name and that I have no private messages. I am on NT and using version 5.45b

Any assistance greatly appreciated,

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/17/2000 10:04 AM
Sorry... I should read the old messages further...
it was an: ""require cookie-lib.pl;" problem.. I deleted and it seems to be working now...

------------------
Allen

Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/17/2000 10:26 AM
The cookies.pl issuses should be part of this site's FAQ. Why don't we have a newbie-hacking-faq-type-thing?

Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/19/2000 5:49 PM
I am affriad to post this. But I see the Inbox ok. But when I click on it I get this error.

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Undefined subroutine &main::get_cookie called at D:Client_Siteswww.sportbikes.netubbcgi-binprivateview.cgi line 35.
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/19/2000 5:53 PM
okay - just go into privateview.cgi and delete the following line:
Code
code:

------------------
"Just is a thought" is a regestered trademark of Cal Corporation. Any violation of this copyright is a crime, punishable by death, under UBB CHH Law.
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/19/2000 6:01 PM
You guys and gals are the best! Works perfectly! Thanks a billion for this hack.
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/19/2000 6:21 PM
Any time

------------------
"Just is a thought" is a regestered trademark of Cal Corporation. Any violation of this copyright is a crime, punishable by death, under UBB CHH Law.
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/19/2000 7:00 PM
sure enough. I run into another problem. When I am getting ready to send a PM it comes up with this error. Any ideas?

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Undefined subroutine &main: [Linked Image]arse_form called at D:Client_Siteswww.sportbikes.netubbcgi-binprivatesend.cgi line 57.
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/19/2000 7:03 PM
Ahhh i figured it out. I removed all the cookie.pl's in the cgi script and it works fine. Hope I didnt do anything wrong.
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/19/2000 7:32 PM
Now why do I get on the main page this message? Like I am logged in twice?

White KnightWhite Knight - You have no private messages.
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/20/2000 12:42 PM
It's a bug in UBB's cookie-code. No general fix has yet been found.

Posted By: Raichu's Babai Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/20/2000 3:18 PM
I tried everything and get this freaking error... Any Ideas?

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@locahost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.9 Server at www.wrathofdragonclaw.org Port 80
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/20/2000 8:53 PM
Cal,

that is what I thought. There was a fix for the Welcome Username that someone fixed. And was wondering if the same principle can be used? But where would it go? Thats my question.
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/21/2000 1:32 PM
I'm not sure if the fix would go in the cookie code or the pm code in Ultimate.cgi

hmmm

Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/22/2000 6:41 AM
Well , mine also it show this when i try to post a new PM

quote:
Can anyone help??? Please i've change the password and username here to **PERSONAL** cause this only for showing purposes only!!
please help...think i have two big black patch on my eye, did not sleep a wink cause still waiting for answer!!!
Posted By: Dark_Wizard Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/22/2000 2:56 PM
I am getting errors as well when I remove the "require cookie_lib.cgi" routine from all the private files, if I put the require back in it works but not 100%. I am using UBB 5.45a and it was an upgrade from 5.38. Can anyone help?
Posted By: Music Global Network Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/24/2000 12:18 AM
I have it working...nice hack! [Linked Image]

------------------
Michael Butterfield
Music Global Network
http://musicglobalnetwork.com
Posted By: snook789 Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/25/2000 5:32 AM
White Night, Did you need to remove the cookies from any other file other then privatesend and privateview ?
I just did those 2 and everything seems to me working fine!

And Cal thanks!!!!

Snook
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/25/2000 10:40 AM
Anytime!

Posted By: snook789 Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/25/2000 2:54 PM
right when I was all happy and proud of myself, I try to send myself a PM and it didn't work [Linked Image] I get the same error Morgo had. But I have a private folder made in the cgi-bin. (I only have 1 cgi-bin, looks like Morgo had 2 cgi folders and he didn't put it in his ubb cgi one)
I belive his post is on page 3 of this topic.
And can some explain what is chmod ?
Cal ??? Anyone
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/25/2000 3:19 PM
CHMOD refers to file permissions.

Posted By: snook789 Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/25/2000 3:52 PM
well it should be file permissions then because everything in my 2 folders, cgi-bin and ubb have the been set for RWXD, so anything that goes into the folder should be set. Or is this private folder different ?
Maybe in that folder I want to set the properties to "not be able to browse" ?

any other thoughs?
Posted By: snook789 Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/25/2000 9:54 PM
Got it working
For some reason thos permissions weren't passed on to that new folder I created
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/26/2000 9:44 PM
Hi!

First off I just wanted to say that I am in awe of some of the stuff that you all have come up with! You have truly done an amazing job of it all.

I am in the process of updating my boards and have managed to install this hack (which I absolutely love!).

I have found a little bug though. I did a search on the boards several times to see if I could find a fix for it but to no avail.

If I have a user with an apostrophe in it, like Katie'sMom, when ever you try to send her a Private Message it comes up with Katie|APO|sMom in the Send To: box instead of Katie'sMom. If you try to send it without fixing it to an apostrophe, it says that this user doesn't exist.

Now, *I* realized that it needed to be fixed, but I know my users and this is something that I will have to explain over and over and over again ( [Linked Image] Sort of like the cookie_lib.pl thing here! )

If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Vickie
Posted By: Jaxel Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/27/2000 12:14 AM
so when will this release go FINAL?

------------------
http://www.upnetwork.com/

http://bbs.upnetwork.com/
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/27/2000 12:46 AM
it prolly won't... he is working on v2 now

------------------
Allen

Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/27/2000 3:19 PM
I don't like the idea of the password being shown blatantly in the URL when privateread.cgi is called. Any fix for this?

Thanks.
Posted By: cal Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/27/2000 4:08 PM
Changing the form method to post will hide it initially, but not in the long term. It's a 'feature' of the hack.

Posted By: Alien Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/28/2000 2:34 PM
This was being adjusted in v2 correct? I definatly won't be installing this kickass hack until the password is secure enough in that fashion... [Linked Image]

------------------
Administrator
Alien Soup Forums
http://www.aliensoup.com/cgi-bin/forums/Ultimate.cgi
Posted By: goblue Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/29/2000 12:55 AM
MobileZone,

You need to create a directory called "private" under the same directory as all of your other CGI files.

I met the same problem and it works fine after I created this directory.

Goblue
Posted By: snook789 Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/29/2000 2:59 AM
Got this working fine, only one this that I am not sure how to set.
In Private view, its a broken link for AIM, and I have AIM installed.
I have looked and it seems to be set at #16, like the rest of my site, still doesn't work
Can anyone explain what I need to do ?

Snook
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 04/29/2000 9:17 AM
hey thanks a lot goblue... i'm so forgetful...thanks a lot again.
Posted By: Music Global Network Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/02/2000 4:45 AM
I liked this hack very much. I did something above and beyond the hack that I feel perfectly integrates it into my board.

First thing I did was killed the e-mail and profile links to public view. Why? PM will notify the intended user via e-mail without showing e-mail address. This provides an interesting situation.

1. The user comes back to the board.
2. E-mail address is strictly private
3. Only registered users can send other people posting replies a private message. Guest can not get straight to the registered user anymore.

Now to make this work right for me I also had to add the homepage link under the users name. This is useful and fair since I killed the profile link. Where did I put the profile link? I put in in the IP Display link. Only Moderators and Admins can view any e-mail address and profile. [Linked Image]

In addition to the above I also turned off the email and profile links in the members.cgi file and last user to register. Registered users can only view or edit thier own profile.

Anyway, I'm still working on my CYPM Optimization integration hack but would love to hear suggestions/feedback.

See it in action here!!!

------------------
Michael Butterfield
Music Global Network
http://musicglobalnetwork.com
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/02/2000 11:35 PM
Ok I followed everything that I was asked but this part confuses me.

Step 7 - create a dir in you ubbcgi dir called private, Chmod it to 777. password protect this dir with htacess. Go here for htaccess info http://www.i01.de/webmaste3.htm
So I go to the above site but Im not sure what data I put in the box. Im using hypermart for my board. Also can I choose any username/password in the boxes of the above url or are those the ones I use for my hypermart account. Thanx for your help.
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/02/2000 11:47 PM
I forgot to add...what do I use to make .htaccess and .htpasswd ???
Posted By: Music Global Network Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/03/2000 1:40 AM
quote:
Any text editor.
Posted By: snook789 Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/03/2000 3:35 PM
Having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I added PM to my board with no problems. I changed my password on the board for security reasons, and now I can't get into my privat messages!
So I try sending a private message using old and new password, still won't let me in.
Any ideas why ?

Snook
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/05/2000 11:20 AM
Code
quote:</font><HR>
White Knight i had th same  probleme but my little newbies hands solved it using the post of Code Warrior [Linked Image]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i made a mistake so it wasnt displaing new messages [Linked Image]

find
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:

and add
Code
code:
but something still doesn't work
went u come as guest there is only "- Log in to check your private messages."
everything else seems working well

any ideas?
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/17/2000 10:12 PM
Ok i know u guys are tired of earring this
i got the same problem as everyone with that cgi error on privatesend.cgi
i tried removing the require cookie-lib.pl
chmoding ...
EVERY THING !
im going crazy
plz someone help me!

------------------
~RiZeUp
Posted By: CRaZyWHiTe Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/18/2000 3:15 PM
RiZeUp

don't remove cookie-lib.pl [Linked Image]

you make well new directory "private" by cgiurl and cdmode 777 ?

P.s. too something modifty in private.cfg [Linked Image]

Good luck!

------------------
Moderator of UBB Freeware Hacks
Webmaster: UBB Code Hackers for Dutch version
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/18/2000 3:53 PM
hell yeah!
it worked !
thanx so much

------------------
~RiZeUp
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/21/2000 11:03 PM
Someone help me solve a HTTP 500 - Internal server error

I click on the inbox link and it gives me the error. Trying to solve the problem for a while now.. Please somebody!!
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/22/2000 3:07 AM
I have noticed a small, fairly trivial thing. The first time one goes into their inbox and until they do the following they have a list of incoming messages only. To sort it I, they, we, have to go to preferences from within the inbox and select 2 pages and submit then if you would like it split on one page go back to preferences and and put it back to split screen.
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 05/22/2000 3:11 AM
quote:
One of my users is having the same problem but only one mind. Any ideas. I have also noticed that his along with a couple others
usernames in the memberlist don't show the pm or search icon by their name. I know he has pm enabled. Don't know if it is linked or not.
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 06/02/2000 5:38 PM
quote:

[1]Pfad zum zu schützenden Verzeichnis: Full Unix Path to passworded dir.
    [2]Benutzername: Username
    [3]Passwort: Password
    [4]Click the Button benieth that
    [5]Copy all the stuff in red in first section, and name the file ".htaccess"
    [6]Copy all the stuff in red in second on, and name the file ".htpasswd"
    [7]Upload both files into your dir to be pasword protected, CHMOD them to 755.
    [8]Try to access that dir after refreshing

Should work just fine.

NOW... with all that said, You say your on HYPERMART? well, I think thats part of Virtualave. (from the same group).. SO You will have to do this:

• [1]Go to http://www.virtualave.net/faqhtaccess.html and type in the password you want to use. then replace what you copied above in the SECOND RED section and place the output of the Virtualave info AFTER the ":".
    [2]Reupload the "*.htpasswd" file to your pass dir and CHMOD it to 755.

Virtualave, Hypermart, Go2Net use a different encription than most other sites.

I Hope this helps you [Linked Image]

------------------
Regards,
Shadeaux
NFOnet
Posted By: The Team Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 06/02/2000 8:50 PM
One thing that I would liket o see changed is the "Status Bar" description while you are in the Private Message's areas. If you have the UserStatus Hack, and someone clicks on it to see where you are surfing, they may see your Username and Password in the URL? I Dont have the UserStatus hack installed yet, but i will surely check this out.

I dunno just a thought...
Cool HACK...
Demo... http://www.nfonet.f2s.com
(shameless plug..lol)

------------------
Regards,
Shadeaux
NFOnet
Posted By: Ripper Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 06/12/2000 3:14 AM
Anyone else see browsing around the private messages with this for an address a security problem?
http://www.madkewl.com/forums//privateread.cgi?ID=4&user=Ripper&pass=passwordhere

passwordhere would actually have my password. Just thought i'd bring notice to that
Posted By: Pyros Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 06/12/2000 3:25 AM
Ripper:
Yeah I know, that's a big security issue, hopefully it'll be sorted out in the next CYM PM version....
Posted By: NightHawk Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 06/13/2000 5:24 AM
CGI Error
After installing this puppy this is what i get

I reomved all the req. cookies

flock() unimplemented on this platform at C:InetpubwwwrootUBBNonCGI/private.pl line 484.
Posted By: Pyros Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 06/14/2000 12:38 AM
WRong Forum, but anyways i think that's because your server doesn't handle file locking. But I'm not entirely sure, you should probably double check with them.

------------------
Posted By: Ripper Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 06/15/2000 6:06 AM
Does anyone know when the next version should be coming out?

------------------
Posted By: Digital Boy Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 07/06/2000 4:36 PM
Does anyone know if there is a fix for the signature parse in privateread.cgi?
Posted By: Pyros Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 07/08/2000 4:51 PM
Ripper - I haven't seen Mutt around lately, but if you want you can check out the site @ http://bartour.virtualave.net

------------------
Moderator of:
Hacked UBB Showcase
Chit Chat
Posted By: Big Punisher Re: CYMPM 1.5 Beta - 07/11/2000 6:34 PM
Hack works fine this end.

------------------
It makes no sense for Ray to go out like that::
Nothing about tonight makes much sense.

Judgment Night 1993 - Emilio Estevez, Cuba Gooding Jr., Steven Dorff, Denis Leary
-----------------------
Now it's time to die!
Always Outnumbered 1997
-----------------------
Heart? I'm all heart motherfuck€r
Jerry Maguire 1996, Tom Cruise, Cuba Gooding Jr., Renee Zwellger.
© UBB.Developers