UBB.Dev
Hello I have unique email required as requirement for registration new users. I am wondering if there is any way I can block out certain domains as unacceptable for registration of usernames and their email addresses . In particular I want to ban:

yahoo.com
hotmail.com

Too many pests are coming in from diff. IP's and using these freebie emails as their IDs and it makes my job diff. as they eventually start abusing and I have to clean up the darned forums.

Thanks in adv!
Just add the domain to the "Ban List" in the control panel. At one point I wondered the same thing...so I did an experiment and then tried to register with my yahoo.com account....NO GO!!! smile (Thank goodness!!)
Hmm are you serious? Wow I just checked and you are damn right. I always used the IP # ban list and never saw what the heck was above it. What happens to those who have previously registered with yahoo.com say, and i place yahoo.com on ban list? Would they be prevented from POSTING ?
Hmmm, I didn't test it that far. smile I am keen to know and I might just go and try myself!!
Yuck that profile limitation is bad... and kinda ruins my plans to activate it. Oh well
I don't think it will conflict until they want to update their profile again, so tell them to change the email address from yahoo.com or where ever you didn't want the email coming from.
svr...do the test to see if, after banning a domain, you can still POST. If not, then the profile issue is MOOT because they won't be able to post or do ANYTHING until they change their e-mail in their profile.

If not...then just post a note and give everyone XX number of days to get rid of ANY e-mail addresses...then implement it.
Yeah good idea, just post a note on your forum for people to change their email address.
© UBB.Developers