UBB.Dev
Posted By: NBAustin Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/04/2002 12:08 AM
I posted my hack here a while back, but my previous host was very unreliable.

I'd like to share it with you all again.

This hack works in conjunction with Private Messages. It's a link that is displayed in every thread that will report "abuses" or bad behavior to an administrator alerting him or her to the offensive post.

Feel free to upload this to the database.

You can get the hack here:

http://www.alliedconservatives.com/AbuseHack.zip

Demo:
http://www.alliedconservatives.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000003.html

Scroll to the bottom to view the hack in action.
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/04/2002 1:47 AM
Hi NBAustin, good hack, just an idea, I think it would be good if your hack sent an email to all moderators as opposed to sending a PM. This way someone is likely to be alerted of the abusive post a lot quicker, otherwise you will not know until you visit your board again. Personally I think it would be good to just read the moderators file and send an email to each one of them. Just an idea!

Cheers
Posted By: NBAustin Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/04/2002 2:18 AM
If someone would like to incorporate some code to notify the moderators or the moderator of the PARTICULAR forum, I'll be glad to include it.

I'm certainly no PERL whiz!
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/04/2002 2:38 AM
Hmm ok, well if the demand is there Ill se what I can do, should be fairly simple.
Posted By: NBAustin Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/04/2002 3:28 AM
Great!

I wanted to do it, but my PERL skills aren't very good as I said. wink
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/04/2002 7:02 AM
Nice hack NB. I'll try it myself soon.
Posted By: Rich9 Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/06/2002 4:03 AM
great stuff NBAustiin smile I too would like it if it could be sent to the particular forum moderator...means I wouldnt have to work so much wink
Posted By: NBAustin Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/06/2002 4:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Rich9:
great stuff NBAustiin smile I too would like it if it could be sent to the particular forum moderator...means I wouldnt have to work so much wink

BassTeq...

Up to the challenge? laugh
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/06/2002 6:49 AM
Not just now mate, I have a fair bit on my plate setting my my site on a new web host.
Sorry.
Posted By: Rich9 Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/06/2002 7:12 PM
joking down? Where is he? wink

Also, i suggest that u make an alternative button as well NBA...as soon as I put the button "Report abuse!" on my forum, i got at least 10 PM's, such as -

"My neighbour kicked my dog, what shall i do"
"I got some road rage on the motorway, now Im scared to leave the office........"
"Keris picking on me!"

etc, etc......cheeky buggers wink
Posted By: NBAustin Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/06/2002 8:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BassTeQ:
Not just now mate, I have a fair bit on my plate setting my my site on a new web host.
Sorry.

No problem sir.

Whenever you get the time. smile
Posted By: NBAustin Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/06/2002 8:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Rich9:
joking down? Where is he? wink

Also, i suggest that u make an alternative button as well NBA...as soon as I put the button "Report abuse!" on my forum, i got at least 10 PM's, such as -

"My neighbour kicked my dog, what shall i do"
"I got some road rage on the motorway, now Im scared to leave the office........"
"Keris picking on me!"

etc, etc......cheeky buggers wink

LOL....

i would suggest posting an announcement as to WHEN to use the button..IE; not for stupid **** like that. wink
Posted By: spiffy Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/10/2002 5:52 AM
To have it go to Mod by email simply change the link to:

$CGIURL/ubbmisc.cgi?action=email&EmailTo=$ModeratorCoded&thread=$JumpURL&Subject=Abuse: $SubjectCoded
Posted By: NBAustin Re: Abuse Hack 1.0 - 02/11/2002 5:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by spiffy:
To have it go to Mod by email simply change the link to:

$CGIURL/ubbmisc.cgi?action=email&EmailTo=$ModeratorCoded&thread=$JumpURL&Subject=Abuse: $SubjectCoded

Thanks spiffy, but we're trying to get it to PM the mod or mods since this is working in conjunction with Private Messages. The moderators can set PM to send them email notifications if they want to be notified via email as well.
© UBB.Developers