UBB.Dev
Posted By: Metallifukinca SSI - 01/26/2003 12:13 PM
ugh, ugh !!
I'm trying to install latest topics, news, calender or any other SSI hack for 5.XX
All I ever get is [an error occurred while processing this directive]
I've talked to my hosting and they reasured me I have SSI long with many other features.

I've asked them for help and this is what they sent me...
[quote]My SSI directives are not working. How do I activate SSI for my Web Pages?
Simply use a .shtml exension for the pages that are using SSI directives (i.e use .shtml instead of .html)
[/b]

frown

Could someone please help me out?

Thanks
SOrry if this is the wrong forum, for this question
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: SSI - 01/28/2003 1:00 AM
As a test I would create a small .shtml file, in it just display the date/time using the appropriate ssi command, and see if that works. If it does then ssi is working and you know its a problem with your UBB not the host!
Posted By: reloadbench Re: SSI - 01/28/2003 2:07 AM
I've just switched hosting companies for my version 5.47e board and found out afterwards that any pages with SSI need to have the file extensions renamed from .html to .shtml.

What a pain... mad
Posted By: Metallifukinca Re: SSI - 01/28/2003 9:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by BassTeQ:
As a test I would create a small .shtml file, in it just display the date/time using the appropriate ssi command, and see if that works. If it does then ssi is working and you know its a problem with your UBB not the host!
Could ya email that test to me please ?
[email protected]

Thanks
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: SSI - 01/29/2003 12:03 AM
simply create a test file called test.shtml
pop it in a directory and run it.
File test.shtml ::
[code][/code]If you see the date/time then it has worked, if you see nothing then ssi has not been properly setup on your server.

Sent to your email also!
Posted By: Metallifukinca Re: SSI - 01/29/2003 3:26 AM
yep it worked "I think"
http://www.metallifukinca.com/dunno.shtml
Posted By: Metallifukinca Re: SSI - 01/29/2003 4:56 AM
ok now that worked, how do I get the other stuff to work ?
Posted By: BassTeQ Re: SSI - 01/30/2003 1:08 AM
Now as the next test, use the directive I included in my example, in place of the one provided by the hack and see if that works.
© UBB.Developers