UBB.Dev
Mod Name / Version - Additional Security Stuff 1.1

v1.1 - bug fixes to accomodate no presence of JustDave's Online Info mod.
- Made to work with 6.3

Description: This collection of modifications allows you to monitor
potentially undesirable clientele by revealing IP info to the admins and
moderators.

Works GREAT with JustDave's Online User Info

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.2 - 6.3

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites: n/a

Author(s): Raconteur

Date: 05/02/03

Credits:

Files Altered: /admin/showusers.php
showprofile.php
/templates/default/showprofile.tmpl

New Files: n/a

Database Altered: n/a

Info/Instructions: n/a

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

Attached File
After downloading the attachment, the file is not representative of what is contained in the 6.3br1 files? Is there any other update to this?
No... sorry. I am waiting for 6.3 to emerge from beta before I upgrade... Too many hacks on our site to do it twice in a row.

If you want, email me the three files and I will hack them for you, and make an update...
Thanks, you've got mail!!!
Got it. Will look as soon as I can.
So maybe I'll remove 6.3 from the list of supported versions... as it's not been "written" for 6.3?
Is it listed as supported by 6.3 somewhere? I don't see that, but if so, then sure. I will try to get this worked up as soon as I can and upload the update.
I edited the main post.... but the supported versions were listed as 6.2-6.3 hence the confusion.
I edited 6.3 out of the subject and description of the mod, then it won't show up on the index under 6.3 mods.
Ok... I fixed it all up to work with 6.3, but I cannot upload the fix because the max edit time has expired.
Ah - forgot to add this forum to "unlimited edit time". I just did. Try now.

Thanks.
Done! Thanks, Josh.
Just installed on the 6.3 beta and got this

SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/websites/forums.operationsports.com/html/ubbthreads/mysql.inc.php on line 131

it does seem to work showing the registered user IP
but the field below it current IP is always blank?

Apprecaite the hard work and any suggestion as to what I may have doen wrong.
Sorry... I wrote this as an addition to JustDave's mod (see the top post in this thread), and have managed to leave a bit o' code in here checking for a column he created.

In the mod page itself, go to line 178 where you are asked to look for:

// ----------------------------------------
// Let's see if we already rated this user

The code to add above should look like this:
Code
<br />// Show IPs on user profile screen for Admins and Mods - CB added 2/28/03<br />	if (($thisuser['U_Status'] == "Administrator") || ($thisuser['U_Status'] == "Moderator")) {<br />		$IPInfo = "<br />			<tr><br />				<td valign=\"top\" class=\"darktable\">Reged IP</td><br />				<td>$RegIP</td><br />			</tr><br />		";<br />	}<br />

That should remove the error until you add JustDave's mod, which I highly recommend!

Let me know if that works so I can update the original.
Will Just Daves mod work with 6.3 beta? If so I will implement it. The more security the better.

If not I will make the change above.

Thanks
I am not sure... check the link and the file.

I would say make the quick mod to what you have to rid yourself of the error, and then investigate JDs mod.

HTH.
I will hold off on Just Daves then as it says 6.2.

Made the edit you requested and everything is perfect.

Thanks once again
Good deal. No worries!
Updated to 1.1. See notes for changes.
Excellent stuff, works great for me!

Is there any way to make a page that pulls up all the IP's used by a user, then cross reference it against all the IP's posted from all other users?
Would be handy for tracking banned users and troublemakers.
© UBB.Developers