UBB.Dev
Mod Name / Version: Check Last Post Data 1.0.2

Description: Checks the last post data displayed on the main index page.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.2-6.3

Mod Status: Finished

Any pre-requisites:

Author(s): Dave_L (Dave Lerner)

Date: 07/19/03

Credits: Dave Lozier (JustDave), Olle Johansson (Gardener)

Files Altered: admin/menu.php (optional)

New Files: admin/checklastpost.php

Database Altered: yes (modifies some columns in Boards table)

Info/Instructions:

This addon script will allow you to check and update the last post data displayed on the main index page.

It was based on Dave Lozier's Check Post Count addon script, updated by Olle Johansson.

One thing this hack will do is fix the problem of missing forums on the main index page due to Bo_Posterid or Bo_LastNumber not being set properly, which can occur when importing from UBB.classic, or when deleting posts.

Like JustDave's Check Post Count hack, you can use this hack without "installing" it. You can just run the script without adding a link to the Admin menu.

HISTORY:
2003-02-15 Dave_L - 1.0.0 Original release
2003-02-21 Dave_L - 1.0.1 Added missing $dbh-> in call to mysql_fetch_row.
2003-07-19 Dave_L - 1.0.2 Revised "working under" comment to include 6.3.

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

Attached File
Thanks for the update Dave
I put this file in my uubthreads directory, set permission at 644, and pulled it up in my browser. I got this:

Fatal error: Failed opening required '../main.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/default/htdocs/ubbthreads/checklastpost.php on line 62

Help please.

Rick
I think it's designed to go in the /admin directory. Hence the ../main.inc.php meaning that it's trying to go up a directory to find the main file.
Try putting it in there.
Yes, there are some subtle hints in the instructions:

[]...
Files Altered: admin/menu.php (optional)
New Files: [:"red"]admin[/]/checklastpost.php
Step 2.

Upload your modified menu.php script and this script to your [:"red"]admin[/] directory, and then
bring this script up in your browser. (There should be a link to it in your admin area now.)
...[/]
I just had to use this for a royally screwed up forum. My first time actually using it.

Great Work Dave(s)!
© UBB.Developers