UBB.Dev
Posted By: JoshPet Beta-[6.4] Online User Info for 6.4 - 10/18/2003 8:48 PM
Mod Name / Version: Online User Info for 6.4

Description: What this will do is allow you to view the user agent string and referrer information of an anonymous user provided there is any. If there is referrer information an icon will be displayed that provides a link to the location the anonymous user came from. The referrer information is also displayed in the "alt" display of the icon by mousing over it. User agent information is interesting as you can see if it's a google bot browser your site or whatnot.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.4

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites: UBB.Threads 6.4

Author(s): JustDave

Date: 10/18/03

Credits: JoshPet for minor update to 6.3 then to 6.4

Files Altered: ubbt.inc.php, online.php, online.tmpl

New Files: viewrefer.gif

Database Altered: 3 fields added to the w3t_Online table

Info/Instructions:

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

Attached File
97271-online-userinfo.6.4.zip  (167 downloads)
Posted By: MattUK Re: Beta-[6.4] Online User Info for 6.4 - 01/17/2004 2:16 PM
Is there anyway you can mod this to include the IP address of those logged in also?
Posted By: smoknz28 Re: Beta-[6.4] Online User Info for 6.4 - 01/17/2004 10:17 PM
Looking good. Thanks Josh for putting this one together for us.

Just one question for ya however, is this only visible to Moderators and Administrators or to whoever views the "Who's Online"?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Beta-[6.4] Online User Info for 6.4 - 01/18/2004 2:42 AM
It does.

Just mouse over their username and it pops up as the title attribute to the link.
Posted By: truck Re: Beta-[6.4] Online User Info for 6.4 - 01/21/2004 7:21 AM
Hey Josh this is a great mod, but i think i found a bug. I just installed it on my board, pretty sure i did everything right... but one problem: it's not showing the IP's for people who are "invisible" (with an I next to their name) and subsequent users BELOW the invisible user. anybody above the I user is perfect, just I and below. any ideas? I'm on IE 6.0, windows xp pro.

edit: i just checked the page source, and it looks like it stops logging?/showing the IP with the invisible user and then on. so it's NOT my browser, AFAICT

truck
Posted By: truck Re: Beta-[6.4] Online User Info for 6.4 - 01/21/2004 8:50 AM
hmmm weird. it's no longer doing this. disregard. i'll post again if it happens anymore. once again though,great hack, especially all the anonymous user info at the bottom (why not have this for all the users?). wish it was implemented in the release version or future ones.

truck
Posted By: DrChaos Re: Beta-[6.4] Online User Info for 6.4 - 01/22/2004 4:08 PM
I instaled this mod but now it don't show anyone that is not logged in. There has been no anon people showing since the mod. I had a few people go to the site and look around but it never showed they were there.
Posted By: kestral Re: Beta-[6.4] Online User Info for 6.4 - 04/24/2005 3:49 PM
Is this still correct changes for 6.5.1.1 ??
© UBB.Developers