UBB.Dev
Posted By: Ian_W Beta-[6.4] Admin Selectable Ratings 2.0 - 10/27/2003 7:35 PM
Mod Name / Version: Admin Selectable Ratings 2.0

Description: This allows the Admin to assign a custom rating image.
Useful for admins who want to be the one to assign ratings, or you could use to signify the level of financial support you've received from a user. I've included a series of graphics, so you can define from 1-5 gold stars for a user, then you can begin to change the stars from gold to red. Then from red to blue. Thus it's a rating system (admin or mod controlled) that allows you to go beyond just 5 stars, similar to the ebay rating system. You can add new rating images simply by uploading them to your server, they will then be instantly available to you.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.4

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites:

Author(s): JoshPet

Date: 10/27/03

Credits: Gardener for help sorting the list of images.
DLWebmaestro for updating for 6.4
Commissioned by and demo at: www.gapofrohan.com

Files Altered: /admin/showoneuser.php, /admin/dochangeuser.php, showflat.php,
showthreaded.php, showprofile.php

New Files: included images, uploaded to /images/ratingimages

Database Altered: New field "U_RatingImage" added to the Users table.

Info/Instructions: To use, edit the user from the admin menu, and edit their profile, you'll see a pull down box at the bottom to select their rating image. When you select an image, a preview of the image will appear for you next to the menu box.

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

Attached File
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Beta-[6.4] Admin Selectable Ratings 2.0 - 10/27/2003 8:10 PM
Ah - thank you.
Posted By: dman_dup1 Re: Beta-[6.4] Admin Selectable Ratings 2.0 - 11/02/2003 1:26 AM
Where's the graphics????
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Beta-[6.4] Admin Selectable Ratings 2.0 - 11/02/2003 1:37 AM
Whoops - uploaded the instructions instead of the Zip - I just fixed it.
Where do I change the ubbdev rating language in the profile?

Ok found it in showprofile.php
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Beta-[6.4] Admin Selectable Ratings 2.0 - 11/12/2003 11:55 AM
??? You've got kind of a special install? Where exactly are you seeing that. Might be hardcoded.
it was in the profile but it doesn't show up on the user showflat or showthreaded
Posted By: harsh Re: Beta-[6.4] Admin Selectable Ratings 2.0 - 12/05/2003 9:27 PM
is this going to work on ubb threaeds 6.2?
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Beta-[6.4] Admin Selectable Ratings 2.0 - 12/05/2003 10:08 PM
The 6.4 version probably does not. But the 6.2 version should.
Posted By: ericgtr Re: Beta-[6.4] Admin Selectable Ratings 2.0 - 12/05/2003 11:22 PM
Josh, I have been working with this and the showprofile.php part of the instructions don't seem to match up at all on version 6.4br1? I thought about re-working them but there is a little too much code in that one.
Yes Josh,
I also wanted to install this mod, but got stuck at the showprofile.php part. It doesn't match indeed

I would realy love to get this working!

Thanks a lot!
I had this installed in the beta of 6.4 without a problem but if you ever want to remove someone for whatever reason.. Long story I won't go into... Anyway, it left an empty image holder in place of the stars that the member once had. Looked awful. I ended up adding them back for the time being just so it didn't look that way and have people asking questions.... I'd love to have it back though.....
Posted By: JoshPet Re: Beta-[6.4] Admin Selectable Ratings 2.0 - 01/13/2004 10:23 AM
For those requesting that this mod be written up like it's in use here, where you can define an image (like the haxxor image) WITHOUT having to disable the standard user ratings, I have posted Version 2.5 which will allow both selectable images and ratings to be used.
© UBB.Developers