UBB.Dev
Posted By: JoshPet Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 07/08/2004 4:37 AM
Mod Name / Version: PM Mailer 6.5

Description: This allows users to select private messages from their list of private
messages and click "Email PM" instead of "Delete" to receive a copy of the PM via email.
It's an excellent tool to allow users to "archive" off their Private Messages before they
are purged from your database.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.5

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites:

Author(s): JoshPet

Date: 07/07/04

Credits: JustDave

Files Altered: delete.php, viewmessages.tmpl, languages/*/generic.php

New Files: none

Database Altered: none

Info/Instructions:

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

Attached File
116532-PMMailer-6.5.txt  (243 downloads)
Posted By: Pasqualist Re: Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 09/27/2004 12:53 AM
Great addition!

It would be perfect if we could have some confirmation page after clicking the Email button. Now it looks like nothing happens...
Posted By: AKD96 Re: Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 09/28/2004 7:26 PM
I second that motion!
Posted By: chillin Re: Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 11/22/2004 7:10 AM
Hmm, i'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/.gumnut/climb/cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/sendmessage.php on line 249

when i only send to someone who wants a copy via email. i changed back the code and didn't get an error in this area. any ideas?
Posted By: Zarzal Re: Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 05/15/2006 9:08 AM
In threads 6.5.x we get more security. What kind of input type these are:

$deletecheck = get_input("deletecheck","post");
$pmemail = get_input("pmemail","post");

int? alpha?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 05/17/2006 3:50 PM
good question... I'll hunt these up as well
Posted By: Zarzal Re: Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 05/17/2006 7:30 PM
this is a problem in many modifications that are ported to 6.5.x. While review my system I found many many many uncheckt. I will go on and will post in every modification thread with missing input check a question so we can prevent possible hacking while running these mods.
Posted By: Flyin V Re: Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 05/18/2006 4:00 PM
I am interested in finding out what type of input these are, so I am waiting for the results of the hunt
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 05/23/2006 4:39 PM
Doing a little investigating, but this seems like an easy question - int stands for integer, in this case it is looking for a 1 or 0 for the deletecheck so that would be 'int'. The pmemail should be escaped in the code, eh? If not, since it's getting the entire pm, then 'alphanum' is probably the validator code to use, you think? (since the pm could/should only contain letters or numbers)
Posted By: Zarzal Re: Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 05/23/2006 9:15 PM
I try it but after apply 'int' and 'alphanum' they dont send out emails anymore. Better I wait out a little bit I dont understand not enough how this works.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Beta-[6.5] PM Mailer 6.5 - 05/24/2006 2:25 AM
The pmemail probably doesn't need alphanum, especially since it probably contains html characters.
© UBB.Developers