UBB.Dev
Posted By: Maze Finished-[6.5] User Friendly Registration v1.3 - 10/16/2004 1:55 PM
Mod Name / Version: User Friendly Registration v1.3

Description: Several new users of my board were really angry about the registration page. There are more than a dozen ways to get an error displayed on a seperate page. If you use the browsers "back"-button, sometimes all of the input is gone and you have to retype Loginname, Displayname and eMail again.

This can happen several times until success:
- if the "I Agree" box is not checked
- if the eMail address is not valid
- if the Login Name is occupied
- if the Display Name is occupied
etc...

Not really user Friendly.

This hack does the following:
- it displays the error messages on the "New user" page
- it highlights the corresponding field
- in case of an error, it keeps the values of several input fields

This hack does NOT support:
- error messages for the "age checking" stuff
- error messages for all the optional fields, except the password field
(see Control Panel » Registration Settings » Registration Screen)

Included are the strings for English, Spanish and German language files.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.5
This is the update for Beta-[6.4] User Friendly Registration v1.2 and Beta-[6.3] User Friendly Registration v1.1. Several changes have been made (mostly in the template files) to work with 6.5.

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites: none

Author(s): Maze

Date: 10/16/04

Credits: to my angry users ;-)

Files Altered: adduser.php, newuser.php, /templates/default/newuser_signup.tmpl, /languages/XXX/adduser.php, /stylesheets/*.css

New Files: NO

Database Altered: NO

Info/Instructions: Example1:

[]http://www.bikefreaks.de/images/forum/extern/ubbt_hack_screen1.png[/]

Example 2:

[]http://www.bikefreaks.de/images/forum/extern/ubbt_hack_screen2.png[/]

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

Attached File
Posted By: Ian_W Re: Beta-[6.5] User Friendly Registration v1.3 - 10/16/2004 8:43 PM
Thanks for sharing. Nice work
Posted By: Ythan Re: Beta-[6.5] User Friendly Registration v1.3 - 10/16/2004 9:03 PM
Great mod! Works just as advertised. This functionality should have been in the UBB to begin with. Thanks!
Agreed, Ythan!

Thanks, Maze This one is going to save me a lot of tech support e-mails... "I can't register..."

Jason
Posted By: dparvin Re: Beta-[6.5] User Friendly Registration v1.3 - 10/25/2004 12:01 AM
All installed, great mod.

Please make this integrated in new release
Grat mod.
It will save me a lot of e-mails from frustraded wanna by users
Great mod, but if the e-mail addresses don't match, it goes on to the next "we cannot proceed" page and requires the user to go back and fix it. Could support for that perhaps be added for this?
© UBB.Developers