UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dalantech A whiteboard project - 10/15/2004 8:04 PM
One of the uses on my site came up with an interesting idea that I'd like to turn into a hack. He suggested that I add a java script / applet whiteboard to Threads. I checked into Group Board but at $499 for a site licence it's a little too steap for a tech site that doesn't make any money

Does anyone have any ideas? The applet would have to give users the ability to draw and then once they post the drawing would be added to the post -that's the part I think I can script. Getting the java applet that the user can draw on that also has the ability to generate jpgs or gifs from the drawing is the hard part...
Posted By: Dalantech Re: A whiteboard project - 10/15/2004 8:28 PM
A full blown whiteboard may be overkill: A simple java applet that has user selectable shapes, lines, and the ability to save a drawn image as a jpg or gif would also work...
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: A whiteboard project - 10/15/2004 8:42 PM
You might be able to adapt an oekaki package...
Posted By: slayer60 Re: A whiteboard project - 10/15/2004 9:45 PM
Perhaps you could build off of the graffiti app.
Posted By: Dalantech Re: A whiteboard project - 10/16/2004 12:27 PM
[]Charles Capps said:
You might be able to adapt an oekaki package... [/]

So far all I've found is a bunch of sites dedicated to anim and a bunch of geeks who really need to get out more often...

Do you have a link to a downloadable app?
Posted By: Dalantech Re: A whiteboard project - 10/16/2004 12:37 PM
[]slayer60 said:
Perhaps you could build off of the graffiti app. [/]

Not sure. Graffiti looks like it's a free form drawing tool but I need some predefined shapes to make drawing a network layout easier...
Posted By: slayer60 Re: A whiteboard project - 10/18/2004 3:32 PM
[]Dalantech said:
[]Charles Capps said:
You might be able to adapt an oekaki package... [/]

So far all I've found is a bunch of sites dedicated to anim and a bunch of geeks who really need to get out more often...

Do you have a link to a downloadable app? [/]
LOL
Posted By: Dalantech Re: A whiteboard project - 10/18/2004 6:09 PM
They definitely need to get out into the big blue room that has the warm yellow ball in one corner...
Posted By: slayer60 Re: A whiteboard project - 10/18/2004 6:26 PM
[]Dalantech said:
They definitely need to get out into the big blue room that has the warm yellow ball in one corner... [/]
AHHHHH! Accursed fireball...searing flesh...vision...overwhelmed...too...much...oxygen...can't...think..straight.
Posted By: Dalantech Re: A whiteboard project - 10/18/2004 7:00 PM
LMAO!
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: A whiteboard project - 10/18/2004 7:44 PM
[]Dalantech said:
Do you have a link to a downloadable app? [/]Damn, I was hoping you'd have better luck finding one than I did before I made the suggestion.
Posted By: Dalantech Re: A whiteboard project - 10/18/2004 8:49 PM
LMAO!!!
© UBB.Developers