UBB.Dev
Posted By: Dalantech A little java script help - 11/04/2004 2:07 PM
I created some new custom functions for UBB Threads so I could break up the $ubbt_instant_ubbcode variable and everything is working great except for the "?" in the font colors -I can't seem to get the prompt for the user to enter the color. No errors on the page, it just doesn't work. Attached is the tamplate -any ideas? I verified that the language strings the the java script function needs are there. This one has me pulling my hair out -I'm just too tired right now to see it...

Attached File
122545-facelift_fontcolor.tmpl  (369 downloads)
Posted By: The Team Re: A little java script help - 11/04/2004 10:22 PM
is there a way I can see it in action?
Posted By: Dalantech Re: A little java script help - 11/04/2004 10:24 PM
You can see it here -same symptoms in IE and FireFox: nothing happens when you click on the question mark...
Posted By: The Team Re: A little java script help - 11/04/2004 10:27 PM
ah, that helped a bunch

You redefine function DoPrompt further down in the page. It's most likely that this function is the one the browser is interpreting, and since there is no catch to see if action=="color", it goes on it's merry little way
Posted By: Dalantech Re: A little java script help - 11/05/2004 8:21 AM
Thanks!

So what I need to do is change the name of the function that I'm using for the color action...

...and it worked -thanks again!
Posted By: The Team Re: A little java script help - 11/05/2004 7:49 PM
glad I could help
Posted By: Dalantech Re: A little java script help - 11/06/2004 7:54 PM
Very much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anno A little more java script help - 11/08/2004 7:04 PM
I am tying to make the instant ubbcode markup a little friendlier and am having good progress with firefox, but I can not get it to work with IE.
The goal is to be able to double click a word, then choose formatting, and the changes are immediately applied. You can test it with firefox to get the idea.

If you know how to do this, please download the attachment and do your best

Attached File
122768-post.zip  (243 downloads)
Posted By: Dalantech Re: A little more java script help - 11/09/2004 8:10 AM
Sorry Anno, but right now I don't have time
Posted By: Anno Re: A little more java script help - 11/12/2004 6:10 PM
Too bad....
Posted By: Anno Enhanced Instant UBB Code - 12/21/2004 1:03 AM
OK, figured it out.

I reworked the way how Instant UBB Code functions behave.

The buttons for Center, Superscript and Subscript were added and the behavior of some of the tags was changed.
Now you are able to highlight a word first, and then press one of the following tags: Bold, Italics, Underline, Quote, Code, Center, Superscript and Subscript.

These enhancements work in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Mozilla. They don't work in Konqueror, not sure about other browsers.

Check it out:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/post.html
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Enhanced Instant UBB Code - 12/23/2004 6:52 AM
Nice work
© UBB.Developers