UBB.Dev
Posted By: JoshPet IyariLimon.com - 11/12/2003 4:41 AM
Mudpuppy is the owner of www.IyariLimon.com. Iyari Limon is the actress who plays "Kennedy" on TVs "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". IyariLimon.com is the authorized fan site for Iyari and her fans. The heart of Iyari Interactive is the Message Board, full of exciting discussion. Iyari Interactive also features a Photo Gallery, Chat Room, Avatars, AIM Icons and a FanFic Archive.
So stop by and check out www.IyariLimon.com today!
Posted By: Mudpuppy Re: IyariLimon.com - 11/15/2003 11:32 PM
Oh hey... this thread is about me! And this has been here for a few days and I didn't even notice it, so I obviously need to visit more often.

Anyway, lest anyone think I'm a crazed fan, I actually started IyariLimon.com because my partner and I wanted to experiment with a fan site and see just how good one could be. We didn't know Iyari or anything about her, but knew she'd been cast in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and would be receiving a lot of attention. We started with just a simple website, added a Threads board, then Photopost, then a Raidersoft chatroom, and then ended up adding a second domain for users to post fanfiction. Our users are predominantly teenage girls, and it's been nice to have a positive influence on their lives. We also eventually became Iyari's official website, which hasn't meant any money for us, but occasionally she buys us lunch and gives us interesting "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" memorabilia to auction off on Ebay. The downsite of running the site is that some of the fans are really, really annoying, and it can be emotionally draining to be moderating 4000+ teenagers on a daily basis.

The biggest compliment we've ever received is being accused of being a studio-owned website which is financed by 20th Century Fox as a vehicle to promote Iyari. That's not the case at all, but hey, it's nice that someone thinks my work is good enough to pass for a big-budget site. And for all of you, the site has meant the commissioning of such Threads mods the Delete Without Trace feature (from back when I posted as Coy7), and the Birthday Cron mod.
Posted By: PhotoPost Re: IyariLimon.com - 11/19/2003 12:43 AM
Great use of PhotoPost!
© UBB.Developers