UBB.Dev
Posted By: The Team Software Corner: Hare - 06/09/2002 11:51 PM
hare

Review by: Greg Hard
Reviewed: Hare by dachshund software.

This software makes some heavy claims. It claims to boost computer speed by up to 300%. The question is, DOES it speed up your computer by 300%? I doubt it. Do I see a speed difference? Yes and No. Let me explain.

Next Page: Speed
Posted By: The Team Re: Software Corner: Hare - 06/09/2002 11:55 PM
This is where I tell you if Hare lives up to its claim of speeding your system up.

Yes, in a sense. It speeds loading and closing of applications by allocating the way the CPU is used by windows. With the right Hare configuration it can show speed increases to about 15-50%. 300%? I don't really think so. I think the only way that speed can be received is with extra ram or a CPU upgrade, or possible registry tweaks. It also has a WinOptimize feature which optimizes windows databases and registries, and it has a nice Memory Defragging tool. Both of those tools are fantastic at their job and help this program in the long run (ratings wise).

Next Page: Gaming and Multimedia Features

Main Interface Screen Shot:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: The Team Re: Software Corner: Hare - 06/10/2002 12:00 AM
Hare also has gaming performance and multimedia performance boosters.

GameZap
GameZap is what they call the 3d performance booster. Does it boost? Yes. I notice games much faster, and they look better than before. I don't know how, and I can't even benchmark this data yet, but it is really noticeable.

MultimediaNow
This is there video editing, audio editing, boosing thing inside Hare. I don't have much to work with, but it didn't really speed up video editing, but it did speed up loading photoshop. Editing photos? No, not really.

Next Page: Deductions
Posted By: The Team Re: Software Corner: Hare - 06/10/2002 12:03 AM
In theory, this program does what can be done with A LOT of hacking to windows. But it makes things easier to speed it up -- and it works. Not on everything, but it DOES work.

Overall I give this a 3.9 out of 5.

Thanks to dachshund software for providing me with a copy of Hare to test.

Screen Shot:
[Linked Image]
© UBB.Developers