UBB.Dev
Posted By: VFRDirk Newbie looking for SlashUBB on 6.1 - 11/12/2001 3:36 PM
I'm a new UBB admin (from demo to 6.05 to 6.1.0.2) and am customizing my board with a few of the great hacks I found here. Recently, I found the SlashUBB hack which, if my feeble UBB skills are right, was designed around the 5.x version of the board as it was calling for UltBB.setup, style.file, and mod.file from the CGI-script.

My questions is, is there a 'pre-cooked' 6.1 version of the script, or is there an easy way to convert the script from 5.x to 6.x. My efforts to patch the file led from 'File UltBB.setup not found in path' to 'The server encountered a misconfiguration....'

I believe the problem lies in the header area of the script where the environment is set up and the 'required' statement calls for UltBB.setup, etc. in the 5.x code. I just can't quite figure out what to replace it with in 6.x 'language'. I'm still trying to learn Perl with respect to CGI and can't figure it out.

Thanks for any help,

Dirk
Posted By: Ramirez Re: Newbie looking for SlashUBB on 6.1 - 11/13/2001 12:46 AM
Look for UBBNews 2, I think it is called, in the beta hacks for 6.1x. It supposedly works as a replacement for SlashUBB, though I haven't tried to install it yet myself.
Posted By: VFRDirk Re: Newbie looking for SlashUBB on 6.1 - 11/15/2001 6:09 AM
Thanks!

I found it and downloaded it. I'm still checking it out, but it looks pretty sweet!

Dirk
© UBB.Developers