UBB.Dev
Posted By: bizkit73 PM notifier - 01/14/2002 7:32 PM
can someone tell me how I might go about adding a pm notifier? All I need it to do is, upon entering the board I want it to notify user that they have a pm by playing a sound file, like 'you got mail' or something. nothing fancy. No other links or boxes.
Posted By: RandyM Re: PM notifier - 01/14/2002 7:34 PM
There are PM hacks in the beta mods forum.
Posted By: bizkit73 Re: PM notifier - 01/15/2002 8:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by XPerT:
There are PM hacks in the beta mods forum.

um.. I know

however, I am not that cgi suave and the particular hack I am looking for isn't there.

If anyone could just break it down to me which files need to be hacked or a specific beta hack that exists that I just need to change a few lines in I would be more than willing to try this myself.

In case I wasn't clear on what I need to do, here it is again.

Whenever someone logs into the board, if they have new pm/pms, I want a wav file something like 'you got mail' to play to alert the user that he/she has new pm/pms. Nothing else. No little PM table under [user] login. No little pop-up window. Nothing else just the wav file.

If you can help me please reply. It would be much appreciated.
Posted By: UltimateDBZ Re: PM notifier - 04/07/2002 7:43 PM
I was about to post something similar to this. On UBB 6.05 I had a hack that played a really short little 'thud' if they had a PM. Most of my members are more used to this than looking at the PM notification table.

Anybody willing to remake this?
© UBB.Developers