UBB.Dev
Posted By: JungleMonkey Cascading Style Sheets vs Tables - 02/12/2002 7:36 AM
I know it's been mentioned here before, but I'm thinking something along the lines of the XHTML Compliance thing, a huge hack that completely changes all of the Ultimate Bulletin Board from Tables to CSS and Div tags. I know it can be done, and I'm half willing to try it, but I'll need help, and a lot of time.

Anyone up to it?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Cascading Style Sheets vs Tables - 02/12/2002 8:37 AM
oh yah... we've discussed it a few times here and between MattJacob and I - we both would be willing to help you out smile
Posted By: JungleMonkey Re: Cascading Style Sheets vs Tables - 02/12/2002 8:40 AM
Well, I just finished modding my boards for my personal site (see link in sig) but in the process of doing those mods, 6.2 came out. Now I want to hack my forums, but my co-owner says that if I start work on another set of forums he's going to slit my throat and hang me out to dry. I'll try to work on this as much as I can in my spare time, but for now, I'd like to just get a basic idea of what all's needed and who's gonna teach me the technical differences between html and xhtml (i know the basics, but not the technicalities laugh )
Posted By: iga.shadow Re: Cascading Style Sheets vs Tables - 02/12/2002 2:43 PM
hehe... hello i am apparently the throat-slitter....

i too wld like to see/try doing this using nothing but CSS and divs... as i design sites almost exclusively like so nowadays.... however i know nothing about the UBB code (junglemonkey does all the hacking heheh) so i cld help with the actual CSS needed as long as there was ppl to convert it into the ubb code....
© UBB.Developers