UBB.Dev
Posted By: DrClarke Admin Controlled "External Avatar" - 03/14/2002 7:31 PM
I curse myself for not documenting past hacks/mods on past UBB versions. (as of 6.2.x I now keep a .txt document of all changes)

Anywho, in 6.1.x I had an External Avatar hack that allowed end-users to link to their own Avatars. This was good. This can still be found on Qasics site (thanks Qasic)

But, in 6.1.x I had some 'extras' that I seem to not be able to find now. Through the Control Panel, I was able to dictate Avatar size to something respectable like 65x65 or 64x64 pixels. I cannot find this feature with the external avatar hack from qasic. (unless I'm just horribly blind)

And lastly, and this was kinda cool, if the end-user did not link to an external avatar and just left the image field at it's default: "http://" then it would automatically default to a 'generic' newbie avatar stored on the server.

Any of this ring a bell? Any advice or direction I can be pointed to?

Thanks!
Posted By: Gangsta Re: Admin Controlled "External Avatar" - 03/19/2002 4:16 PM
i'd also be quite interested to see this one laugh
Posted By: little_joe Re: Admin Controlled "External Avatar" - 03/19/2002 4:53 PM
Ditto!

The Qasic avatar hack is too much of a maintenance headache when you have 7500+ users, and the external hack seems unmanageable.

Please!
© UBB.Developers