UBB.Dev
Posted By: UltimateDBZ Smilie & Message Icon Dropdown - 03/29/2002 3:35 PM
I had this hack on 6.05 and 6.1.x but I don't see it for 6.2.x - is it still compatible?

If not, could somebody port the back over to 6.2.x? It would be greatly appreciated! smile
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: Smilie & Message Icon Dropdown - 03/29/2002 6:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by UltimateDBZ:
I had this hack on 6.05 and 6.1.x but I don't see it for 6.2.x - is it still compatible?

If not, could somebody port the back over to 6.2.x? It would be greatly appreciated! smile

UDBZ,

If you search this forum, you'll see a couple topics on both of these hacks.

They can be installed on 6.2.1.1 because I've done so. laugh

In fact, I created a multihack file for the smilie hack ... click here for it --> SmilieMod6211.mhp
Posted By: UltimateDBZ Re: Smilie & Message Icon Dropdown - 03/31/2002 4:16 AM
Your multihack file worked great, and the smilie dropdown works great now... but what about the message icon hack? I searched this forum but didn't find any code for it, all I managed to get was the original code for 6.00 gold.

Does this code still work?

If not, could you make a multihack, or even just a text file of what you used to get it to work on your board?

Thanks!
Posted By: UltimateDBZ Re: Smilie & Message Icon Dropdown - 03/31/2002 6:40 PM
If anybody could help, i would really appreciate it... I'd like to get this done ASAP, and this is an important part.

Thanks smile
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: Smilie & Message Icon Dropdown - 04/03/2002 9:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by UltimateDBZ:
If anybody could help, i would really appreciate it... I'd like to get this done ASAP, and this is an important part.

Thanks smile

I'm not positive, but I believe you can install this hack with the Multihack file from 6.1X series ... the Multihack file can be found in this thread: Message Icon

Give it a shot & see what happens. laugh
Posted By: Ellen Re: Smilie & Message Icon Dropdown - 04/07/2002 1:57 AM
Can you please tell me if there is a text file for this modification?
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: Smilie & Message Icon Dropdown - 04/07/2002 8:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ellen:
Can you please tell me if there is a text file for this modification?

For which one, Ellen?

If you're looking for the smilie one, I could try to create one for you.

May I ask, though, why you wouldn't want to try Multihack?

To be honest with you, I sometimes use the Multihack file and install hacks manually from it. I simply go into the "edit" of the steps' feature, and work from there.
Posted By: UltimateDBZ Re: Smilie & Message Icon Dropdown - 04/07/2002 7:23 PM
Here is the MultiHack file that I made for the Message Icon dropdown (compatible with v6.2.1.1): Click Here
Posted By: ADWOFF Re: Smilie & Message Icon Dropdown - 05/27/2002 8:03 AM
I need some help figuring out a scripting problem.

I am trying to install the Message Icon dropdown hack. I was able to use the 6.2.1.1 version to install on my 6.3.0 test board without problems.

I then tried to install the hack so that it would work with the JCTemplates.

For this hack, there are only two template files to hack--cp_common.pl and public_common.pl

In the JCTemplates' folder, I found the public_common.pl file, and I found this piece of code:

Code
[/code]According to the hack, I'm supposed to add above that code, this:

[code]
When I run it with the JCTemplates, I get a script error.

Here it is:

quote:
Line: 334
char: 1
error: object expected
code: 0
URL: http://adwoff.com/ubb-test/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=reply;f=3;t=000007

The dropdown menu is in place. When I select an icon, I get the script error AND the icon doesn't change from the default. But when I post it to the board, the icon I chose will show up.

I thought it might be the REPLIER deal--I went in and changed it from REPLIER to replier and back again. I still get the script error.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks.
© UBB.Developers