UBB.Dev
Posted By: Lord Dexter Online Or Offline Status? - 06/07/2002 12:01 PM
I'd like to add something on my topic pages which allows users to see if someone is online or not. Kinda like the Online/Offline status hack for v5 but it works like Status: Online or Offline. Anyone interested? Thanks.
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/07/2002 2:37 PM
I would also like to see this hack..
I would have an attempt at this myself, but would prefer it if someone who knew what they were doing more than me did this one.. wink

I was thinking along the lines of putting it next to:

So it would look like:
Posts: - | From: - | Registered: - | IP: Logged | Status: Online

Or, alternatively, having it below the member number..
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/07/2002 2:47 PM
Yeah I've got a smiliar idea OK. smile
Posted By: yosaid Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/12/2002 5:54 AM
C'mon guys. Are you telling me all the gifted hackers at UBBDEV can't come up with ONLINE/OFFLINE status hack?

We (the little guys) are always depending on you big-time hackers. Let me know when you come up with one. Version 5 had it, why wouldn't Version 6.3 have one?

thanks for the great service.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/12/2002 6:10 AM
I have no idea how to do this but there are a couple hacks that know if you're online...IM being one of them. It shouldn't be difficult for some of the seasoned hackers to come up with the code.

It does seem to me though that the UBB would have to determine the status of each person on every topic page for each person opening a thread.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/12/2002 8:37 AM
Yosaid - I don't do v5-v6 porting.

Xpert - Good idea, IM hack could proove useful. smile
Posted By: maurice Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/12/2002 12:34 PM
That's a great idea, like on the memberlist mod , you see who is online on the board, maybe that can be implemented in the forum topics.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/12/2002 1:04 PM
Memberlist even has this online code. I think I can transfer this onto topic pages. laugh

EDIT - Maybe not, few things I tried didn't work.
Posted By: Brett Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/13/2002 7:46 PM
I see this as a cache killer.

...This file here -> http://ivegeta.hypermart.net/online.txt should work, but won't update until the topic is updated or your change styles or clear cache etc....

I never been good with the cache, so if anyone who does wants to take this and work with it, be my guest.
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/13/2002 10:02 PM
So that won't work if you try to refresh?
If the PM Inbox hack updates via a refresh, isn't it possible for this to do the same thing? smile
Posted By: Brett Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/13/2002 11:15 PM
I'm not for sure since i can't test it out.

The pm inbox deals with messing with the cookies. I don't see how we could incorporate cookies into this kind of hack where it deals with many topics.

i don't know.. you never know until you try wink
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/14/2002 12:34 AM
Nothing shows at all at the moment.. frown
Thanks for trying though..
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/14/2002 2:40 AM
I think there needs to be more code added to ubb_lib_posting.cgi. I am going to mess around with this code later so I'll report back if I have found a way.
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/14/2002 7:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by yosaid:
C'mon guys. Are you telling me all the gifted hackers at UBBDEV can't come up with ONLINE/OFFLINE status hack?

We (the little guys) are always depending on you big-time hackers. Let me know when you come up with one. Version 5 had it, why wouldn't Version 6.3 have one?

thanks for the great service.

There was one for the ubb 6.0 aswell, the problem is that infopop wrote the WOL script from the ground up and changed the way it works, so its a whole new system.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/14/2002 9:09 AM
I've searched the 6.0 forums over and I haven't found that hack anywhere. What topic is it in?
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/16/2002 6:18 AM
its on e@sy's forum, he never posted it here, i know it is caused i had it on s:c
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/16/2002 6:46 AM
Is it still there? I can't seem to find it.
Posted By: RandyM Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/16/2002 8:52 AM
I don't remember that hack existing.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/16/2002 9:14 AM
Well it did, because we had it on S:C.

Anyway, we have to have somebody help us with the Online/Offline status for this version. Brett's one doesn't work. frown
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/16/2002 3:46 PM
I don't know if it helps, but here is the 6.1 version of the hack that I found..
http://www.liberifatali.com/umbrella/ubbhacks/whosonlineaddon.txt

Hopefully something can be done with this code to make it read from the Recent Visitors instead of Who's Online.. wink
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/17/2002 11:15 AM
That wouldn't helo much since PNTF is alot different to the WOL hack. Also, LK told me he could do it but it will increase CPU time because of cache having to update everytime a status changes.
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/17/2002 1:55 PM
Oh.. I guess that's this hack out of the window then.. frown
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/17/2002 1:59 PM
Any hack that makes the topic page update automatically is bad. It's too bad. I would have liked this. frown
Posted By: yosaid Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/18/2002 11:36 AM
ONLINE/OFLINE on version 5 wasn't that bad. I would really appreciate if one of you nice people can get this hack going.

Thanks
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/18/2002 11:58 AM
Can your server support the extra CPU usage?
Posted By: yosaid Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/18/2002 12:51 PM
Can't be worse than version 5, could it? even if it does, I will try it and backup like always.

when my forum was up, i used to have this blinking image that said ONLINE ... or OFFLINE right beside the PM image on each topic.

I would really appreciate it and I am sure alot of other would also. It is such a cool hack.

Thanks alot
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/18/2002 1:31 PM
v5 is different to v6. It doesn't use the cache system.
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/18/2002 5:47 PM
This is quite a chunk of CPU usage we're talking about here, and I wouldn't advise it. wink
Posted By: yosaid Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/18/2002 11:33 PM
Somebody please try making this hack. I would appreciate it

Thanks
Posted By: Dark s.s. Trunks Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/19/2002 6:22 AM
Yes could someone... that kinda hack would be sweet.... and yes my server could handle the extra CPU usage i would know I built the server.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/19/2002 8:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion Knight:
This is quite a chunk of CPU usage we're talking about here, and I wouldn't advise it. wink

Same with me, it's not healthy for servers. And I doubt you can know your server that well Dark ss trunks.

But if you want it I'll call LK again, he said he knew how to do it quite easily.
Posted By: Dark s.s. Trunks Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/19/2002 9:44 AM
the only reason i know my server can handle it is because i have ran things far worse on Cp then it can do trust me on this...
--
But thanx for being cousous though... and if you can get it made I thank you very much.,
Posted By: yosaid Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 06/24/2002 7:28 AM
my server can handle too
Posted By: yosaid Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/01/2002 10:58 PM
Is LK working on this?
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/02/2002 1:17 AM
Maybe if you ask Lord Dexter nicely, he'll go and ask LK for you.. wink
Posted By: yosaid Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/02/2002 4:27 AM
Lord Dexter, could I beg you to ask LK for this mod?

Thank You. I appreciate this.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/02/2002 10:16 AM
Why don't you just direct him to this thread yourself? tipsy
Posted By: yosaid Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/03/2002 3:00 AM
Lord, I was only following what Oblivion told me. I thought you might have better chance than me.

I don't know where to find him.

I am not sure if he reads his PM here.
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/03/2002 3:19 AM
I'm sure he does.
Posted By: Kwik Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/03/2002 1:39 PM
I also would like to see a hack like this. I would give it a try and see what will happen to the cpu...
Posted By: Lord Dexter Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/03/2002 2:30 PM
You really need to upgrade, your running 6.01 which is full of bugs & security holes.
Posted By: Kwik Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/03/2002 2:45 PM
Thanks. My mainly used, well frequented board vwcorrado.de is up to date. The other board has no more access to the member area to upgrade...
(PM doesnt work in here:
An error has occured:
Max execution time of 20 seconds elapsed.) thats why I do a reply here.
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/08/2002 1:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Kwik:
Thanks. My mainly used, well frequented board vwcorrado.de is up to date. The other board has no more access to the member area to upgrade...
(PM doesnt work in here:
An error has occured:
Max execution time of 20 seconds elapsed.) thats why I do a reply here.

if you want to use this with your 6.01 board there was a hack made for that verson, if you cant find it i think i have it saved somewhere
Posted By: Kwik Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/09/2002 11:38 AM
quote:

if you want to use this with your 6.01 board there was a hack made for that verson, if you cant find it i think i have it saved somewhere

Thanks for that. But I tried to use the PM function of this board which didnt work for me.
Posted By: Variables Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/09/2002 1:03 PM
We use php live to assist members of our forum and every moderator who is assigned to a "department" has an online-offline indicator in their topic/reply's. This is php stuff and i think that such an indicator can be used in one way or another.
Posted By: Brett Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/09/2002 8:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Variables:
We use php live to assist members of our forum and every moderator who is assigned to a "department" has an online-offline indicator in their topic/reply's. This is php stuff and i think that such an indicator can be used in one way or another.

If i remember correctly, the recent visitors were stored in hashes, correct? If so, then this would be next to impossible because php hashes are read differently then cgi's, unless you do something like str_replace("(", "array(", $wol).

Manipulating the ubb's cache isn't too hard. I mean all you'd have to do is read the recent visitor files once, right, and then do a =~ s/($user is online)/$user/;, though it would be much more intelligent than that search.

... just rolling some ideas around ..
Posted By: Variables Re: Online Or Offline Status? - 07/10/2002 4:33 PM
There are two supportgroups and both moderators have to log in to their own supportgroup and when they do an indicator displays "online" at once. This login-logout procedure is an action outside the forum software and that's maybe a way to implement this. The login to a php way of notification could be attached to the forum login, a member is logging in at the forum and also to the php online-offline software else on the server with one buttoncklick. After that you can easy make an indicator in the public_topic.pl. But it's just an idea.
© UBB.Developers