UBB.Dev
Posted By: Sasquashpane Referral hack? - 06/14/2002 12:34 AM
Is there such a thing? let's say that i wanna have a board that ask in the registration form to have some kind of referral from one of our members, is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance smile
Posted By: jordo Re: Referral hack? - 06/15/2002 12:38 AM
like they cannot register unless a member refers them?
Posted By: Oblivion Knight Re: Referral hack? - 06/15/2002 9:58 AM
I think he is referring to a vBulletin feature where members can be thanked for so many referrals they have from people that they have brought to the board. Then on the forum summary it tells you who has brought the most members to the board by saying 'Highest Referral Total: Member Name(Amount)'.

It's also an oppurtunity to see who is helping bring activity to the board so you can help reward them in some way.. smile
Posted By: Sasquashpane Re: Referral hack? - 06/19/2002 5:01 PM
Jordo got it right, so that new peeps can't reg if they're not referred by one or other members of the board....

I've found a way around this problem with a mandatory custom reg field that says that to register they need to tell us who refers them... But unfortunatly, they can put whatever they want in that field.... frown

I would like a hack that check our members database so that it check if the member that refers them are indeed in our database....
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: Referral hack? - 06/19/2002 5:03 PM
i do not think its such a good idea to allow them only to reg if someone you know is on the forum. what if someone sees your site and cant reg because of begin a newbie to the net?.
Posted By: LK Re: Referral hack? - 06/19/2002 5:09 PM
Turn on registration moderation, and only accept people with a "real" referrer.
© UBB.Developers