UBB.Dev
Posted By: SoundZ Making avatar appear on forum summary? - 06/30/2002 2:14 AM
hi, iv seen a hack on vbs where you add a welcome panel to the forum summary page. i am currently working on porting it to my ubb.

I was wondering whether there is a way to make the users avatar (one he uses in his posts) appear on the forum summary page. It appears simple to do, however i am probably being dumb and cant work it out.

if someone could tell me how id be grateful smile
I've been working on a Welcome panel myself too. Just thinking how it will be set. If I figure it out I will share. smile
Posted By: Brad.loo Re: Making avatar appear on forum summary? - 06/30/2002 8:58 AM
We had it running on s:c, thanks to LK, he knows the code but its up to him to release it or not tipsy
Yeah I remember seeing it there. I'd also like when a guest comes for a "register" pick to come up instead of nothing in that box.
Posted By: SoundZ Re: Making avatar appear on forum summary? - 06/30/2002 3:23 PM
i have the guest avatar appearing for ppl who arent registered (registered users at the moment just have a insert avatar here message) but still cant get users avatar to appear frown

does anyone know how to get info from the users profile to appear. using that i could prob get the avatar to appear.
Posted By: LK Re: Making avatar appear on forum summary? - 06/30/2002 3:39 PM
Use what brett uses for hit counter (and I "stole" with permission for chat mod and IM) - . Then make a new avatar.cgi, that checks vars_config for CookieNumber and MembersPath, then uses it to open cookie, then MembersPath/cookie[4].cgi, then the avatar line.

Gibberish? Ask 1-800-gibberish or reply. wink
Posted By: SoundZ Re: Making avatar appear on forum summary? - 06/30/2002 3:45 PM
total gibberish frown
Posted By: LK Re: Making avatar appear on forum summary? - 06/30/2002 4:01 PM
Enter CP - General Display Settings - Forum Intro. Type:
Code
[/code]Then use (untested) in a new file called avatar.cgi:[code]
CHMOD to 755, ofcourse.
Posted By: SoundZ Re: Making avatar appear on forum summary? - 06/30/2002 4:11 PM
laugh thanks ill go try it
cheers man
Posted By: SoundZ Re: Making avatar appear on forum summary? - 06/30/2002 5:16 PM
works a treat laugh
cheers iv been after a hack like this one for ages
Why thank you LK. smile

I will try this later on.
© UBB.Developers