UBB.Dev
Posted By: RavenManiac Display Total Posts For The UBB - 02/07/2001 5:26 AM
Just upgraded to 6.0 and already have the 'last post by' hack smile

In 5.xx i had a hack that displayed total post count at the top of the forum table in Ultimate.cgi i.e Total Posts: 75368

2 Questions. Is my board still counting those posts and...(of course) how do I display it.

Thanks fellas.
Steve www.ravensnest2.com
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Display Total Posts For The UBB - 02/07/2001 9:08 AM
The hack operates by adding up the individual post counts in each forum - so the information is there for the using.

There is a hack in the works that will bring the "stats" back to UBB6
Posted By: RavenManiac Re: Display Total Posts For The UBB - 02/08/2001 3:37 AM
Charles, is that how it worked? In 5.xx I would regularly prune but the particular 'counter' always kept the correct total at the top of my Ultimate.cgi even though my forum totals would go down. Are the topics counted the same way in 6?

Just wondering, I wanted to see it click over to 100000 smile
Posted By: Charles Capps Re: Display Total Posts For The UBB - 02/08/2001 9:46 AM
That sounds like a different hack than I'm thinking of - if your post count went down, then the one I'm thinking of would also go down...
Posted By: Lucia Re: Display Total Posts For The UBB - 02/08/2001 8:06 PM
I used the forum stats in cpanel hack, and I noticed the same thing, it never goes down, seems to keep a record of the total number of posts in the history of the universe..

well, you know what I mean.. hehe..

buggered if I know how it does it though
© UBB.Developers