UBB.Dev
Posted By: Nicko Who's online hack effecting the cache? - 02/21/2001 6:22 PM
Have seen a few beta's off the "Who's online" hack and I was wondering how much this will affect the speed of the UBB? What are beta testers eperiencing with the hack and speed issues as well as data transfer?
Posted By: Ell Re: Who's online hack effecting the cache? - 02/22/2001 1:19 AM
At the moment (beta 1) it defeats the point of the cache by rebuilding the index page every time someone views it... not very useful.

The huge redo I'm doing for the second beta willeliminate the ugly cache distortion. smile
Posted By: Nicko Re: Who's online hack effecting the cache? - 02/22/2001 6:21 AM
Thanks for the update. By "eliminating the ugly cach distortion" will you do away with the cache system or just build on it?
Posted By: Ell Re: Who's online hack effecting the cache? - 02/22/2001 3:26 PM
Make it work with the cache. What good is an amazing new speed feature if the first hack everyone installed disables it?
Posted By: Nicko Re: Who's online hack effecting the cache? - 02/22/2001 7:27 PM
Point well taken.
Posted By: h4p3 Re: Who's online hack effecting the cache? - 02/22/2001 9:19 PM
hm, i think you will handle this, borg! laugh
Posted By: Nicko Re: Who's online hack effecting the cache? - 02/22/2001 9:26 PM
Interesting I looked at my CPU usage for last month and what a difference. I hope that the Cache system somehow gets tamed a bit so it doesn't use to much of the system resources.

Here are my usage stats for the past two months guess which month I uprgaded to UBB6:

Past 6 Months CPU Usage Statistics
February, 2001: 47 hours
January, 2001: 20 hours
© UBB.Developers