UBB.Dev
Posted By: Igor Request: threads tree (image included) - 02/21/2001 11:48 PM
Can we develop "latest threads" little bit futher and create one more hack? I call it "threads tree" (we can find more sutable name for it later).

I am includig a picture, so everybody can see what I ment.
[Linked Image]

Any comments? Ideas?
That format is used by threaded boards.

The UBB is linear, not threaded.
Posted By: Igor Re: Request: threads tree (image included) - 02/22/2001 5:44 AM
quote:
Actualy, I took this shot from linear board! It uses SQL, that is why very easy to develop this hack. But we can do it too! What we need to do is just keep track which post is a reply to what post, probably just add one more field in threads files (like 0000001.cgi)
SQL has nothing to do with it.

The UBB is a linear board. Trying to add something like this would add an unneeded and unwanted layer of complexity and uglyness. If you want a threaded board, go use one.
Posted By: Igor Re: Request: threads tree (image included) - 02/22/2001 8:08 AM
Whell, I think you didn't get what I'd like to do. I don't want to change a forum format, I just want ot add complitely separate view, so user can see who replyed on which post. It going to be addon, like "who's online" or "latest threads" so board will become more user friendly.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Request: threads tree (image included) - 02/22/2001 10:22 AM
Is that for the top of a topic? With anchors to each post?

I think I remember someone doing this with a v5 board... do a search in the v5 beta forum and see if it is there... I remember seeing this on a hunting forum or something similar, a guy has been asking me to do it for him, but I haven't seen the documentation yet. I am sure it is possible in v6, just don't know how much of a stretch that would be... sounds like a modification Dave Downin or Leshrac might do... could be possible with the templates.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Request: threads tree (image included) - 02/22/2001 10:24 AM
Nevermind, I understand now... you want something like Dave's active topics, just with each post listed, in a threaded style... I guess that would be cool... would be cooler with javascript if you could collapse/open each thread into that view.... smile
Posted By: Igor Re: Request: threads tree (image included) - 02/22/2001 6:31 PM
Exactly!!!!
© UBB.Developers