UBB.Dev
Posted By: Seibertron Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/14/2001 6:32 AM
Okay, I still have not seen a Jimbo's Custom Title Hack which is set by Admins, preferably in the control panel, for UBB 6 Beta. I have the code to UBB 5's version of Jimbo's but I haven't seen anyone attempt this for UBB 6. I've read that it's in the database, but it is not. Can anyone help me with this hack please???
Has anyone started figuring this out yet since the UBB went official? I really need to get this feature back on my site and have had no luck figuring it out myself. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Djnemesis Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/23/2001 5:51 PM
Yeh, I loved that hack.
Now that UBB has gone out of beta, has anyone started to work on this hack yet? I really would like it for my site and always successfully screw it up when I try to do anything with it. Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Posted By: qasic Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/28/2001 8:44 PM
I'll work on it.

Edit: Nevermind, found the old UBB5 version smile For my own reference when I get home wink
http://www.jimbosworld.org/ubbtitlehack.html

q
Posted By: TOC Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/28/2001 11:33 PM
i need this one too. PLZ code it for UBb 6.01.
Posted By: DragonWarez Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/29/2001 12:08 AM
I will make one but im not wasting my time to make it updatable in CP.
That's fine ... maybe once I see how everything works once you figure out the first part, I'll take a look at modifying the control panel to reflect the changes. Cool? A little group effort here.
Posted By: qasic Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/29/2001 8:26 AM
Hey folks,

Just started on my hack smile Here's how to get the basics going (no cpanel module yet; i'll create that tomorrow).

In ubb_lib_posting.cgi (cgi-bin):

FIND:

# get custom title
$user_status = &CustomTitle($user_profile[8]);

ADD BELOW:

require "$vars_config{CGIPath}/ubb_custom_status.cgi";
$user_status .= &GetCustomStatus($this_user_number);

SAVE FILE.

Create a new file called: ubb_custom_status.cgi in the UBB CGI directory with the following code in it:

Code
code:

Safe and upload.

Now to create your custom titles database, create a file called "cstatus.cgi" in your ubb NONCGI directory.

Fileformat is similar to Jimbo's hack with one difference, it uses USER NUMBERS.

e.g.,

00000001|!!|
The Cool Due
1|!!|
The Cool Due

The format is usernumber|!!|customtext.

One line per user.

Clear cache and all should be good. I'll develop this into a full-blown hack soon. For now, have fun (this hack is unsuppported). The full-blown hack will be full supported.

q
Posted By: Chaos Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/29/2001 9:01 AM
im working on developing some stuff right now to go with this hack

so maybe you and me could work on this hack together qasic
Posted By: TOC Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/29/2001 11:28 AM
@qasic

I am getting no status displayed in the topics. My cstatus.cgi looks linke this.

Code
code:

chmod ubb_custom_status.cgi 755 CGI directory
chmod cstatus.cgi ??? NONCGI directory
Posted By: qasic Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/29/2001 4:53 PM
Have you modified ubb_lib_posting.cgi correctly?
I am ecstatic that this is finally getting worked on. Thank you to the people making this happen! It means a lot to me and the members of my site.
Posted By: TOC Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/29/2001 6:18 PM
@qasic

I did it two times. However nothing happens.
Posted By: qasic Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/29/2001 6:44 PM
Have you hacked your topic template in such a way that $user_status is modified in same way? If so, that migth be interefing with the hack.

v0.0001 has a workaround for this wink

q
Posted By: TOC Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/29/2001 11:46 PM
could be possibel. However i am not very skilled in ubb code. I think i will wait for your first greate version smile
enjoy coding...
Posted By: qasic Re: Jimbo's Custom Title Hack set by Admins - 03/30/2001 2:15 AM
It's available in the Beta Forum!
Here's the link to the beta post. Thank you very much qasic! You're awesome!!!
https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000190
© UBB.Developers