UBB.Dev
Posted By: SFishy Member Files - 03/20/2001 2:28 AM
I apologize in advance for cross-posting to multiple forums... I just wasn't exactly sure if this was a request or a question (maybe it's a bit of both) wink

I also posted this over on infopop's site...

This is a question pertaining to the new version 6 -- I have additional fields (hacks) added to my member files, such as the ICQ hack, AIM, etc. I understand from what I've read this will pose a problem upgrading to the new version.

Is there a fix for this? I'm willing to lose that info if I have to, but I'd really rather avoid it if I can. ICQ and AIM numbers aren't all that important and can be easily replaced, but one of my fields is year of birth and I really don't want to lose that one if I can avoid it.

Thanks!
Posted By: Carmack Re: Member Files - 03/20/2001 8:16 AM
In the new version, you can add in your own feilds. The upgrade will cause your members to have to re-enter the information that they had in those fields before, but I think they won't mind too much.

ICQ and AIM are two of the default fields in the new version, FYI.
Posted By: navaho Re: Member Files - 03/20/2001 9:26 AM
Somewhere on this forum, lost track of where, there is a script that copycat(Ithink?) made that cleanly strips the old fields so you can upgrade.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Member Files - 03/20/2001 9:50 AM
howdy Amy...

Nav is right, there's a script by copycat in the chit chat forum in a thread entitled "ubb v6 revealed" or something similar, second page "deletehacklines.pl". If the link doesn't work, let me know, I have a copy I just used 2 days ago, so I can let ya have it for free.... smile

Most likely, you are gonna have to lose those additional profile fields you already have.. depends on what field you have them assigned to now... do you remember? Check one of the member files and post back here.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Member Files - 03/20/2001 9:53 AM
oh yeah, check out this thread: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000079

anything you have in profile field #15 (line 16) is gonna have to go because it is used for the publically displayed username. You might be able to save it if it is in one of the next 4 fields...
Posted By: SFishy Re: Member Files - 03/21/2001 9:38 PM
Thanks for answering... We're working on the upgrade now with that script copycat wrote -- and keeping some major fingers and toes crossed! laugh
© UBB.Developers