UBB.Dev
Posted By: The Wedge An ambitious hack - 04/02/2001 7:18 AM
This might sound like a whacky idea but it makes sense for my board. I have some people that like to post a lot of pictures. Most of them have no idea how to even use an ftp program let alone what a web server is. So I was thinking this:

Assigned people can have their own upload page where they can store their own pictures. I know this can be done through a regular page on the site but it would be nice to keep everything related to the board together.

So I guess in My Profile there wouid be an upload option. Of course the pics would be limited in size, say a 100k limit. And there would also be a limit to the amount of images. Or maybe a 1 meg limit in total space or something like that. Who knows.

Another idea I have is if the person has access to this feature, say moderators only, then on a post page there is a drop down menu or something which mimmicks the Instant Graemlins feature but for you uploaded pics.

I know someone should be paid to do something like this. Maybe something like this has already been done. Please get back to me on this idea.

Mike
Posted By: AKD96 Re: An ambitious hack - 04/02/2001 2:41 PM
An upload hack was made for UBB5, complete with file-type limits, size limits, file amount limits, maybe more. So I think one will be released for UBB6 in the future.
Posted By: The Wedge Re: An ambitious hack - 04/02/2001 5:09 PM
Nice!
© UBB.Developers