UBB.Dev
Posted By: smoke_svx Banner Ads? - 05/02/2001 7:13 AM
I know thanks to UBB forums that my site community has grown very fast and has handled all the users and posts, but now I have a issue. Now that I have a large community I have target advertising and several companies wanting ad space. Well I used to run the JAVA script code ad generators but with over 13 sponsors I cannot insert such a LARGE amount of code, as that would drag down the board on every page that is loaded. Soooo I went and checked out CGI and PERL based banner ads, they work great, but for some reason the "CALL" to display the CGI ad doesnt work when in UBB.

I am not a hacker/programmer of any kind but a PERL advertising banner hack could help out mine and probably many other communities.

does anyone know of any hacks in the worx? I used to see some UBB5 boards with banner rotation.

sorry for the long explanation, I don't want to sound selfish about a hack being created for me..., I just figured others might have the same problem as me.

thanks
Posted By: Jen Re: Banner Ads? - 07/23/2001 7:55 AM
I too would like to know the same thing.. Is there a way to add a banner rotation script inside the ubb custom headers? My banner cgi is normally called with a virtual include, which works fine in any html page on my site but not within the UBB (the virtual include tag shows up correctly, but apparently is not parsed). Is there any solution to this? Perhaps a UBB specific banner rotation hack or workaround?

Any and all information is appreciated.
Posted By: Rinkrat Re: Banner Ads? - 07/24/2001 4:49 AM
I'd love to have this. I have it on my main site page but can't do it in ubb.
Posted By: Jonny Bravo Re: Banner Ads? - 07/24/2001 8:17 AM
check out my site www.gixxer.com

I run webadverts that works really well for me, and I have over 2 million page views a month now laugh
Posted By: Milez Re: Banner Ads? - 10/13/2001 1:59 PM
HOW HOW HOW?! Please somebody address this!
Posted By: Gemrite Re: Banner Ads? - 12/17/2001 5:41 AM
Has anyone worked out a reliable method of banner rotation for UBB?
© UBB.Developers