UBB.Dev
Posted By: Chewda Hide the last topic on the main page - 05/03/2001 6:02 PM
Hello,

I'm French, so please excuse my English. I am using UBB version 6.

I am webmastering a star wars fan website called starwars-universe.Com. Our forum is located at :http://www.starwars-universe.com/conseiljedi/forum.asp.

The problem is that we have some spoiler forum, that means, forum that deals with what will happen in the future episodes. Many of our visitors don't go to that section since they don't want to know what will happen.

The problem is that when you see the first page of the forum, you can see the last active topic directly on the main page.
Sometimes, the topic is "Why Mr X dies at the end of the movie ?", and everyone can see that !!! Even those who don't want to view it.

I would like to know if someone here knows enought cgi and perl to make such a modification. If yes, how much would it cost me ?

If not, thantks anyway smile

Regards,
Chewda.
Posted By: Chewda Re: Hide the last topic on the main page - 05/03/2001 6:05 PM
I realised that I did not specifiy what kind of hack I was excpecting smile

I would like to have the ability througt the control panel to enable a forum to display the last active topic on the main page or not.

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: amykhar Re: Hide the last topic on the main page - 05/03/2001 7:19 PM
I will look into it for you, but can't promise anything. I have a feeling it will be quite simple, just hooking into what's already done for private forums.

Amy
Posted By: Chewda Re: Hide the last topic on the main page - 05/06/2001 4:34 PM
It would really be great !!!
© UBB.Developers