UBB.Dev
Posted By: Sir Nyronuzu Private Message Center / Control Panel - 06/17/2001 5:31 PM
Hey there,
I think a Private Message Center or Control Panel would be a great hack for the UBB 6, I think it's great that Infopop finally added a private messenger feature, but it's so hidden that almost no one knows it exists. Such a feature could implimented well in two ways, one would be to have the private message notification under the user's name when they log in and also adding a link to the panel under the UBB title. Another way would be to add a messenger category below the forum listings like in the UBB 5 Private Message hack. The panel itself should have a place to compose private messages, similar to a post topic/reply page, as well as a user ID feild so that the user won't have to hunt down a post by the person they want to message. Anyway, if someone made a hack similar to that, I'm sure there would be a lot of happy UBB 6 users and owners, including myself.

-Vincent T. Vantine
-VinTechNetwork.com
There is a PM notification Hack and PM sound notifier hack available for v6.
Yes, I'm aware of those hacks, however, I think a more extensive PM hack is needed, such as the one I described.
© UBB.Developers