UBB.Dev
Posted By: tackaberry UBB Mastermind - 06/25/2001 3:22 PM
Not to be confused with MasterMind , I started to play around with the idea of a UBB Thread game, based on the classic code breaking game.

Similar to what I tried to do with Rock, Paper, Scissors , I've somehow managed to slap some rather ugly code together to get a working perl module for the game...but I have virtually no html/cgi/ubb skills (but am trying).

The link to the file is below. If someone who knows what they are doing is willing to help, I think this is a decent starting point.

Mastermind will pick a random code which needs to be solved. In my version you can chose from 3 different code lengths...4, 5 or 6 characters, as well as, 3 different levels...Easy, Medium, Hard (Easy has 3 possible choices, Medium 4, Hard 5). The original Mastermind game was 4/Medium.

The code works, but is probably not the most efficient way to do it, and like Rock, Paper, Scissors, needs to be made to work with UBB.

Feedback, Comments and HELP great appreciated!!!

Mastermind

laugh

-Tacks

[ July 10, 2001 12:01 PM: Message edited by: tackaberry ]
Posted By: Jigga-Master Re: UBB Mastermind - 06/25/2001 4:26 PM
demo?
Posted By: tackaberry Re: UBB Mastermind - 06/25/2001 4:44 PM
No demo.

However, here is a link to download the file. Right now it runs from your shell, need HELP to get past this point.

Mastermind Script

Here is the Rock, Paper, Scissors Script as well.

-Tacks

(fixed a bug in the results, linked file corrected)

[ June 25, 2001 12:22 PM: Message edited by: tackaberry ]
Posted By: tackaberry Re: UBB Mastermind - 07/02/2001 4:43 PM
Recently made some changes to the file.

There is now a choice to have the code in alpha characters or numbers.

The updated file has been uploaded.

Mastermind

I'd appreciated any assistance in trying to port this over to cgi/ubb.

-Tacks
Posted By: Tech-Ni-Kal Re: UBB Mastermind - 07/02/2001 5:12 PM
Code looks good! Hope someone can help you with getting it to work with the UBB.
Posted By: tackaberry Re: UBB Mastermind - 07/10/2001 6:57 PM
Latest update includes a level ranking when you solve the code. Ranges from Omniscient to Moron wink

If someone wants to help (please, please, please!!!) with this PM me. I'm happy with the progress to this point, but need help figuring how to get it into a UBB thread.

Mastermind

-Tacks
Posted By: Jamin Re: UBB Mastermind - 07/10/2001 7:56 PM
PM'd ya. smile

This sounds like fun!

---Skorpion
Posted By: tackaberry Re: UBB Mastermind - 07/10/2001 7:57 PM
Slight change to improve the ranking methodology.

Upload is updated.

-Tacks

[another slight change]

[ July 10, 2001 04:14 PM: Message edited by: tackaberry ]
Posted By: Soul Re: UBB Mastermind - 07/11/2001 11:26 AM
sounds like a good idea...would certainly help new forums/sites to keep members coming back I think...
Good luck with it [Linked Image]
Posted By: Greg Hard Re: UBB Mastermind - 07/11/2001 3:56 PM
A script named after me!!! laugh
Posted By: tackaberry Re: UBB Mastermind - 07/11/2001 4:47 PM
Yep...but if you want it to really be named after you, you have to help me get it to work in a UBB Thread wink

There's 5 stars in it for you if you help wink

Skorpion is also playing around with it trying to get it working as a html file, but the two of us could use some help with the UBB Stuff.

-Tacks
© UBB.Developers