UBB.Dev
Posted By: UltraNEO* I got a challenge... - 07/06/2001 6:46 AM
no w8, it's a Idea for a new hack...

I was wondering would it be possible to create a Instant Messenger Hack for users who are currently online?

I know there are AIM and ICQ hacks already, with so many varities of IM's out there it's somethings hard to communicate.

Say you saw a friend online but they use icq and you got Yahoo, just think how useful this hack could be.

Heres how i picture it...

Imagine a floating window that the member can choose to activate and send a online member a IM thats INSTANT unlike PM's.

It could probably intergrate into a version of Who's Online which is already a fantasic hack.

Tell me what you think and would it be possible... smile
Posted By: radiokilla Re: I got a challenge... - 07/06/2001 7:48 AM
It's possible....
Posted By: Mr.Clean Re: I got a challenge... - 07/06/2001 7:52 AM
very possible! couldent be that hard either just need a chat program like a java program that reads the people that are online!

THIS WOULD BE AN AWSOME HACK!
Posted By: radiokilla Re: I got a challenge... - 07/06/2001 8:15 AM
Calm down Mr. Clean, you think everything would be an awesome hack.

All you would need is a variation of Who's Online so that it reads and checks to see if the people on your list are on and off and some kind of java chat thing...
Posted By: Xtrecate Re: I got a challenge... - 07/07/2001 4:45 AM
its not the whos online part that would be hard, its the 'java thingy' part. it is possible, but everyone one of those programs uses a proprietary protocol. i know there is already aim in java, and i've seen icq used from the linux console (those linux guys are badasses at the protocol reverse engineering). odogo (sp) and everybuddy both try to accomplish what your talking about.
Posted By: Ell Re: I got a challenge... - 07/09/2001 2:03 AM
/me remembers my beloved UBBIM hack for the UBB5 WOL...
© UBB.Developers