UBB.Dev
Posted By: dreamer Choose Theme . Can it happen ? - 10/19/2001 10:05 AM
Hi . I am just wondering if a mod can be made which will enable multiple theme colors for the forum so every user will be pleased to choose what he wants. I read in ubb thread program features that this can be made there.
Thanks
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: Choose Theme . Can it happen ? - 10/19/2001 5:02 PM
Both Skorpion and Tech-Ni-Kal are working on a YourStyles Hack. This is exactly what you are requesting. Now it's all of a matter of when the beta of YourStyles will be out?
Posted By: LK Re: Choose Theme . Can it happen ? - 10/19/2001 5:11 PM
When I made my version of YourStyle cacheable, it was MUCH slower than without it. I've even enabled only Colors/Font Face/Images to make it faster, and it was still much slower.
Posted By: Splitfyre Re: Choose Theme . Can it happen ? - 10/19/2001 6:34 PM
Think I saw this work on vBulletin once.
Posted By: jordo Re: Choose Theme . Can it happen ? - 10/19/2001 10:46 PM
quote:
ya its in vB. but vB doesnt use anything like ubb cacheing. this would be a quick hack in that environment.
Posted By: dreamer Re: Choose Theme . Can it happen ? - 10/20/2001 8:21 AM
So If I get it right ,there is one mod under development which will not have any caching problems and it will be fast enough?
Posted By: Jamin Re: Choose Theme . Can it happen ? - 10/20/2001 9:26 AM
PHP can do things like that. So any forums software written in PHP is able to do that just peachy keen. That's just an advantage of the way PHP works.

However, due to the way UBB's cache works, YourStyle is simply not a viable option. As it exists now, it is not at all compatible with the cache and requires it to be turned off completely to function. And since turning the cache off is a very bad idea unless you're fond of seeing your server be able to fry eggs, Tech and myself have decided not to release this publically.

Charles has said that 6.1 offers new functionality that is supposed to allow us to alter the cache enough to make this hack possible. However, I'm pretty dumb when it comes to Perl, so I haven't been able to figure it out. And quite honestly, I don't have enough time to really dig into it very heavily. Too many projects and too much schoolwork going on right now. So, this hack may be written eventually if I ever get enough time - beacuse it is something I've really wanted to do since a really long time ago. But it's just not very practical right now.

---Skorpion
Posted By: dreamer Re: Choose Theme . Can it happen ? - 10/20/2001 3:11 PM
Thank you for the information . I also hope you find time to make this mod smile
Posted By: IICODECll Re: Choose Theme . Can it happen ? - 10/21/2001 12:37 AM
phpbb a hack for that does it.. or it may be included i dont remember its been so long but i can wait for the yourstyle
© UBB.Developers