UBB.Dev
I had posted this question / suggestion in Ely's Upload thread but haven't received a response yet:
https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000045;p=5

In short, I'd like to be able to restrict certain features to specific users. Features such as displaying an Avatar, uploading files, etc. but I don't know how to go about setting this up. I envision a simple control panel setting in the user profile (one that the user can't access) that simply sets a flag (1= can upload and display avatar, etc. and 0= no special features. A checkbox really... checked = granted access and unchecked = restricted access) then an if-then statement when the upload script is called and where the avatar would be displayed to verify if the user has permission to use these features.

Unfortunately I don't know how to go about setting this up and maybe I'm in left field on how to implement it?? Anybody know of an existing hack to do something like this or can you help me figure out how to do this? Thanks!!

ER
Anyone have any comments on this? Beuller? Beuller? Anyone?
This would actually be sort of a cool idea. Another use for this would be members who donate would get access to special features etc. I think this would be a nice hack to see in UBB. Just my 2 sense (cents)
© UBB.Developers